The ZX01 Plus, Topton M6S, or identically named and looking Morefine M6S are examples of 2.8-inch 4K Palm-sized Mini PCs. Compared to its previous generation (with the Intel Celeron N5105 Jasper Lake chip), the new, or rather refreshed, pocket-sized Mini PCs are now powered by the more powerful Intel Processor N100 Alder Lake-N chip. 2.8-inch (72 x 72 x 45mm) Alder Lake-N mini PC comes with two HDMI 2.0 ports, a 3.5mm audio jack, Gigabit Ethernet and WiFi 5 connectivity, and three USB 3.2 ports, plus a non-standard 12V USB-C port that’s now common for this type of mini PC. It is worth noting that the 2.8-inch Mini PCs have 12GB of RAM soldered on the board.
Availability and price
ZX01 Plus, Topton MS6, or Morefine MS6 Mini PC can be found in (almost barebones) configuration with an Intel N100 processor, 12GB RAM DDR5 (soldered), and without SSD. The devices are of course available on Aliexpress for $154 and up. Below you will find a link to each of the models.
The mini PC ships with a 12V power supply, an HDMI cable, and a user manual.
ZX01 Plus, Topton MS6, and Morefine MS6 2.8-inch Palm sized Mini PC Details
We first mentioned the ZX01 Mini PC in January 2022. A year has passed and the refreshed/updated 2.8-inch (72 x 72 x 45 mm, 190 g) Mini PCs are visually indistinguishable from their predecessors. The main difference is in the processor. Inside we found the Intel Processor N100 chip, which is a 4-core, 4-thread processor with Intel UHD graphics based on Intel’s Alder Lake-N architecture. Besides, like the recently released Chuwi Larkbox X 2023, the 2.8-inch N100 Mini PCs come with 12GB RAM DDR5 soldered to the motherboard and cannot be replaced or upgraded. In addition, we have from 128GB to 2TB M.2 2242 SATA SSD, but the socket is also said to support NVMe SSDs (PCIe 3.0 x2).
Below you will find the specification. By the way, it is worth adding that Mini PCs have active cooling, and the version equipped with SSD comes with preinstalled Windows 11OS. Besides, the Intel Processor N100 can run various operating systems such as Ubuntu, Debian, TrueNAS, pfSense, and so on.
ZX01 Plus / Topton M6S / Morefine M6S Specifications
- CPU – Intel Processor N100 Alder Lake-N quad-core processor @ up to 3.4 GHz (Turbo) with 6MB cache
- GPU – 24 EU Intel HD graphics @ up to 750 MHz; TDP: 6W
- Memory (soldered) – 12GB LPDDR5 @ 4800 MHz
- Optional 128GB to 2TB M.2 2242 SATA SSD, but the socket is also said to support NVMe SSDs (PCIe 3.0 x2)
- MicroSD card slot
- Video Output – 2x HDMI 2.0 up to 4Kp60
- Audio – 3.5mm audio jack, digital audio via HDMI
- Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port
- Dual-band WiFi 7 and Bluetooth 4.2 via Intel 7265AC module
- USB – 3x USB 3.2 10Gbps ports
- Misc – Power button, smart silent fan for cooling
- Power Supply – 12V/3A via USB Type-C port (not USB PD compatible)
- Dimensions – 72 x 72 x 44.5mm
- Weight – 150 grams
Discussion about this post