First time about UGOOS UT3+ you could read at the beginning of November 2015. Now, Ugoos (Ugoos Industrial Co., Ltd.) company releases (probably) refreshed version of UGOOS UT3+ TV Box. The heart of the new UT3+ TV Box is a SoC Rockchip RK3288. This is not the latest processor from Rockchip but lets you enjoy watching video 4Kx2K (3840 * 2160) and supports H.264, H265 up to 60Mbps.
Ugoos UT3+ (UT3 Plus) now runs on Android 5.1, but the most important features are an HDMI IN with PiP (Picture in Picture) and DVR – video recording function. Previously, these features have seen in ZIDOO X9 and also Beelink i one (i826). HDMI IN function extended functionality, perform a great bunch of new options for casual users. Picture in picture (PiP) function lets device to show another video source running via HDMI in android and linux firmwares.
In UT3+ UGOOS implemented a new Toshiba HDMI Input chip in order to perform video playback from external source. Now all operations with HDMI IN source runs at higher speeds as well. There is a pre-installed application for input video source, which lets you start recording just in three clicks on your remote controller. When you start HDMI IN application it shows full screen image of input source you attached (any hdmi source). In order to start recording, you need to press menu button on your remote controller and you will see following menu. There are two tabs: Record and List. Record shows processing, current status for recording, start/stop button and other properties. List shows all previously recorded videos, menu button can edit files (rename or delete). Application saves files in Internal Flash/DCIM/My CameraApp/. Recordings will be 1080p up to 60fps with stereo audio according to the announcement.
In UT3+ UGOOS recreate PiP function for android firmware. This time company decided to put PiP activation in power menu. Long power button press or mouse click on the power icon in the lower bar activate it and you can see the start PiP menu. PiP window shows you three main buttons:
If your already put the source to HDMI IN port you will see real time image in random window. PiP window is fully customizable: you can move it or change the size according to your tasks. PiP window stays always on top. In “change PIP size” mode you can select aspect ratio using RC “menu” button. System offers 4:3 16:9 and custom aspect ratio.
UGOOS UT3 Plus also has other features and special tools available in other TV Boxes form UGOOS:
- System settings:
- Root feature (lets you root your device in one click without installation third party software and reboot)
- File server (lets you share files from your TV box and attached usb devices to local network)
- Gamepad settings (lets you customize gamepad controller)
- Hardware monitor (gives you an ability to display hardware and other values in upper bar)
- Fireasy (turn your mobile phone into functional controller via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi protocols)
- Hardware settings:
- Fan control (lets you change the fan working scheme)
- Led control (gives you an ability to turn on/off led indicator or make it active on demand)
- USB Switch feature (this is the same function as “connect to PC” in USB settings, gives you an ability to discover your TV box from host PC, run ADB and so on)
Ugoos UT3+ Technical Specifications:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3288 quad core Cortex A17 @ 1.8 GHz
- GPU – Quad-Core ARM Mali-T764
- Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 16GB NAND Flash + micro SD slot up to 32 GB
- Connectivity – 100/1000M Ethernet, Dual Band WiFi 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz/5GHz) and 802.11ac with external Wi-Fi antenna
- Video Output/ Input – HDMI Out (A type Female), HDMI1.4, Support 4K×2K decode output / HDMI In (A type Female ) support max up to 1080P(60Hz)input
- Audio – HDMI, 3.5mm headphone jack, and optical S/PDIF
- USB – 3x USB host ports
- Power Supply – DC 5V/3A
- Temperature Range – Operating: -10~40℃, Storage: -20~50℃
- Humidity – 5%-90%, No condensation
- Dimensions – 11.5 x 11.5 x 2 cm
Source: UGOOS Blog