We have good news, there is a new firmware for MXQ 4K TV Box with Rockchip RK3229 SoC (update 20171113). Firmware has Android 6.0. If someone has not yet decided or are planning to buy, MXQ 4K TV Box is available on Geekbuying for $28.69 + free shipping. Will the new firmware will fix everything? we do not believe (as always :)), but is the big plus for the manufacturer that releases a new firmware version.
For those who have not yet had an opportunity to look at the MXQ 4K remind its specification:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3229 quad-core ARM Cortex A7 processor @ 1.5 GHz
- GPU – ARM Mali-400MP2
- Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB NAND flash + SD card slot up to 32GB
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K2K @ 60 fps, and 3.5mm AV output (composite)
- Audio Output – HDMI, AV, and coaxial S/PDIF
- Connectivity – 100Mbps Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 host ports
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 11.5 x 11.5 x 2.5 cm
New firmware (.img file, you have to do a flash method / PC upgrade) for MXQ 4K TV Box (1GB/8GB) with Rockchip RK3229 (20171113) can be downloaded here. No information about the changes.