MXQ 4K another Android TV Box powered by new Rockchip RK3229
Recently at CES 2016 Rockchip unveiled two new chips, including Rockchip RK3229 and already on the market began to appear in the TV Boxes equipped with RK3229. Recently we wrote about Sunchip CX–R9 with a new SoC from Rockchip, and today we want to show you the new TV Box that was on offer Geekbuying called MXQ 4K.
- SoC – Rockchip RK3229 quad core ARM Cortex A7 processor @ 1.5 GHz
- GPU – ARM Mali-400MP2
- Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB NAND flash + SD card slot up to 32GB
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K2K @ 60 fps, and 3.5mm AV output (composite)
- Audio Output – HDMI, AV, and coaxial S/PDIF
- Connectivity – 100Mbps Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 host ports
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – N/A
MXQ 4K TV Box support 4K 10-bit H.265 video playback, also has Kodi 15.2. TV Box runs on Android 4.4. In the package you will find: IR remote control, HDMI cable, Power adapter and a user manual. Rockchip RK3229 is an affordable processor that is compared to Amlogic S805 because it also has a 1.5Ghz quad core, but Cortex–A7 processor. And most importantly, unlike the S805, RK3229 supports 4K UHD @ 60fps HW decoding. The MXQ 4K TV Box is available on Geekbuying for $29.99.