The 8K TV boxes are coming. After SDMC and SEI Robotics unveiled the first TV Boxes based on S928X SoC, soon we will be able to see new devices on the market. Shenzhen Tomato showed a new PCBA board designed for 8K TV Boxes called YB910_428_V1.0. YB910 is an Amlogic S928X penta-core Cortex-A76/A55 board that offers up to 8GB RAM, an HDMI 2.1a port, Gigabit Ethernet and WiFi connectivity, optical S/PDIF, a 3.5mm audio jack, a few USB 3.2/2.0 ports.
YB910 S928X board for 8K TV boxes Overview Features and Specs
At the heart of the YB910 board lies the Amlogic S928X system-on-a-chip (SoC). This powerful processor combines a penta-core architecture, comprising a single Cortex-A76 core and four Cortex-A55 cores. Paired with an Arm Mali-G57 MC2 GPU, the S928X ensures seamless rendering of user interfaces even at 4K resolution, delivering an immersive visual experience. Moreover, its advanced video decoding capabilities enable flawless playback of 8Kp60 H.265, AV1, VP9, AVS3/AVS2 content, as well as 4Kp60 H.264 videos.
Besides, the YB910 board offers a comprehensive range of multimedia and connectivity features, making it a versatile choice for consumers. It supports up to 8GB of LPDDR4/4X system memory, ensuring smooth multitasking and effortless handling of resource-intensive applications. The HDMI 2.1a port, equipped with HDCP2.2/2.3 and HDR support, enables vibrant and lifelike 8K video output. Additionally, audio enthusiasts will appreciate the presence of a 3.5mm audio jack, optical S/PDIF output, and HDMI digital audio output, delivering high-quality sound to complement the stunning visuals.
Shenzhen Tomato manufacturer, has revealed that the YB910 board is designed to run Android with a 4K graphical user interface (GUI), deviating from the conventional 1920×1080 resolution. This remarkable feature ensures a visually captivating experience for users. Based on previous announcements, it is highly likely that the YB910 board will be compatible with Android 13, further enhancing its performance and capabilities.
YB910 Board Specification for 8K TV boxes
- SoC – Amlogic S928X
- CPU – Penta-core processor with 1x Cortex-A76 core, 4x Cortex-A55 cores
- GPU – Arm Mali-G57 MC2 GPU with support for OpenGL ES 3.2, Vulkan 1.2, and OpenCL 2.0
- 8Kp60 H.265, AV1, VP9, AVS3/AVS2 10-bit video decoder; 4Kp60 H.264 decoder, 1080p60 MPEG-4, WMV/VC-1, AVS, MPEG-2, MPEG-1 decoder
- Low-latency 4Kp60 H.265/H.264 encoder
- AI accelerator – Up to 3.2 TOPS Neural Network Accelerator (NNA) with Tensor Processing Unit (TPU) architecture, supports TensorFlow and Caffe
- Manufacturing process – 12nm
- Memory – Up to 8GB LPDDR4/4X
- Storage – eMMC 5.1 flash, microSD card socket
- Video Output – HDMI 2.1a up to 8Kp60 with HDCP2.2/2.3, HDR 10, HLG, HDR10+, Dolby Vision (optional), and features such as eARC, VRR, QMS, QFT, ALLM, DSC & SBTM
- Audio – 3.5mm audio jack, optical SPDIF output, and HDMI digital audio output
- Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port
- WiFi and Bluetooth module (the photo is not clear enough to determine the model and versions), but probably WiFi6E and
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 (5 Gbps) Type-A port, 1x USB 2.0 Type-A host port
- Misc – IR receiver, 12-pin connector for… I’m not so sure.
- Power Supply – 5V via power barrel jack
- Dimensions – TBD
Price and availability
The pricing for the YB910 8K TV box board has not been disclosed at this time. However, if you’re seeking additional information about this PCBA, you can visit Shenzhen Tomato’s website.