We have good news, there is a new firmware HMD-2.1.1 (OTA zip file via SD update) for HiMedia Q30 TV Box (20181225) powered by HiSilicon Hi3798M V200 SoC. This is a big plus for the HiMedia manufacturer responsible for HiMedia Q30, and this is good news for all who choose to purchase HiMedia Q30 TV Box. If someone has not yet decided or are planning to buy, HiMedia Q30 Android TV Box is now available on Geekbuying for $99.99 + free shipping.
For those who have not yet had an opportunity to look at the HiMedia Q30 we remind its specification (review here):
- CPU – HiSilicon Hi3798M V200 quad-core ARM Cortex A53 processor
- GPU – Multi-core ARM Mali-450 supporting OpenGL ES2.0/1.1, OpenVG1.1, EGL,Imprex 2.0 PQ engine with HDR/HLG/SLF/HDR to SDR,BT.709+BT.2020
- Memory – 2GB DDR3
- OS – Android 7.0 with 1080p UI
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash and SD card
- Video Ouput – 1x HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60 Hz, 1x composite video (RCA)
- Audio Output – HDMI, stereo audio (RCA), optical S/PDIF port.
- Video Codecs / Formats – 10-bit H.265/HEVC, H.264, VC1, MPEG4, MPEG2, VP9, VP8, VP6, AVS video decoding up top 250 Mbps bitrate. 3D blu-ray, BD-ISO, 3D BD-ISO
- Audio Capabilities – 7.1 HD Audio pass-through and downmix for Dolby TtrueHD, DTS HD, and Dolby Atmos, 192K/24bit audio decoding and output
- Connectivity – Fast Ethernet 10/100 Mbps, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi with external antenna
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 host port, 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – Front LED, IR receiver
- Power Supply – 12V/2A (perhaps)
- Dimensions & Weight – n/a
- Case – metal shell
New firmware HMD-2.1.1 (OTA update via SD update method) for HiMedia Q30 TV Box powered by HiSilicon Hi3798M V200 (20181225) can download here.
Discussion about this post