We have good news, there is a new firmware with Android 9.0 (.img file for PC flash firmware and OTA file for SD upgrade) for MECOOL KM9 (update 20190107) powered by Amlogic S905X2 SoC. A big plus for the manufacturer MECOOL KM9 that also finally released the update. If someone has not yet decided or are planning to buy, MECOOL KM9 (4GB DDR4/32GB) is available on Geekbuying for $64.99 + free shipping (good price!).
For those who have not yet had an opportunity to look at the MECOOL KM9 TV Box we remind its specification:
- CPU – Amlogic S905X2 quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0 GHz
- GPU – Mali-G31 MP2 “Dvalin” GPU
- Memory – 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- Storage – 32GB eMMC
- External Storage – micro SD card slot
- OS – Android 9.0
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a output with HDR, AV port (composite)
- Video Codecs – VP9 Profile-2 up to 4K 60fps, 10-bit H.265 up to 4K 60fps, AVS2-P2 up to 4K 60fps, H.264/AVC up to 4K 30fps, H.264 MVC up to 1080p60, MPEG-4 ASP up to 1080p60 (ISO-14496), etc..
- Audio Output – HDMI, AV
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB 2.0 port
- Misc – IR receiver, LEDs
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 10x 10 x 1.75 cm
- Weight – 150g