HiMedia Q30 TV Box powered by HiSilicon Hi3798M V200 coming soon
Today we have news for you about the upcoming new TV Box from HiMedia. Recently at the Global Sources Electronics Fair in Hong Kong, HiMedia company (HiMedia Technology Limited – www.himediatech.com) unveiled a new Android TV Box called HiMedia Q30 powered by new HiSilicon Hi3798M V200, previous similar SoC HiSilicon Hi3798C V200 which we can found in such models as HiMedia Q10 Pro (review) and HiMedia Q5 Pro (review).
It is worth mentioning that Himedia company as one of the first manufacturers to introduce TV Boxes based on SoC HiSilicon Hi3798C V200 and it comes out that also with the new HiSilicon Hi3798M V200. The new HiMedia Q30 TV Box features a familiar housing from the earlier Q3 TV Box. The new Q30 TV Box will run on Android 7.0 with 1080p UI. It will also have 2GB RAM DDR3 and 8GB eMMC storage (such as Q5 Pro). More details in the specifications below.
HiMedia Q30 Android TV Box basic specifications:
- CPU – HiSilicon Hi3798M V200 quad-core ARM Cortex A53 processor
- GPU – Multi-core ARM Mali-450 supporting OpenGL ES2.0/1.1, OpenVG1.1, EGL,Imprex 2.0 PQ engine with HDR/HLG/SLF/HDR to SDR,BT.709+BT.2020
- Memory – 2GB DDR3
- OS – Android 7.0 with 1080p UI
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash and SD card
- Video Ouput – 1x HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60 Hz, 1x composite video (RCA)
- Audio Output – HDMI, stereo audio (RCA), optical S/PDIF port.
- Video Codecs / Formats – 10-bit H.265/HEVC, H.264, VC1, MPEG4, MPEG2, VP9, VP8, VP6, AVS video decoding up top 250 Mbps bitrate. 3D blu-ray, BD-ISO, 3D BD-ISO
- Audio Capabilities – 7.1 HD Audio pass-through and downmix for Dolby TtrueHD, DTS HD, and Dolby Atmos, 192K/24bit audio decoding and output
- Connectivity – Fast Ethernet 10/100 Mbps, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi with external antenna
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 host port, 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – Front LED, IR receiver
- Power Supply – 12V/2A (perhaps)
- Dimensions & Weight – n/a
- Case – metal shell
In the specification missing information about bluetooth, maybe HiMedia Q30 TV Box will not get this functionality. The exact specifications will be available after the official premiere when the device appears on the manufacturer’s website or online stores. At the moment there is no availability and price information, although given the specification the device will probably cost around $100 or less. The Q30 TV Box can be found on the HiMedia website at Alibaba.com.