Today we want to show you the unboxing of HiMedia A5 TV Box. HiMedia A5 is a new TV Box in the portfolio of a well-known manufacturer HiMedia. TV Box also comes with the already well-known Amlogic S912 chipset. Is this combination will bring the same success as the previous TV Boxes from HiMedia (Q10 Pro and Q5 Pro powered HiSilicon Hi3798C V200)? we find after the review. Below HiMedia A5 specification and details of the device.
I want to say thanks to HiMedia company (HiMedia Technology Limited – www.himediatech.com, Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/Himediatech/) for sending us a HiMedia A5 TV Bo to review. The HiMedia A5 TV Box can be bought directly from HiMedia via email, TV Box can also buy on Geekbuying for $118.99 + free shipping.
HiMedia A5 Android TV Box specifications:
- CPU – Amlogic S912 octa-core ARM Cortex A53 processor @up to 2.0GHz
- GPU – ARM Mali-820MP3 @ up to 750MHz
- Memory – 2GB DDR3
- OS – Android 6.0 with 1080p UI
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash and SD card slot up to 32GBVideo Output – HDMI 2.0a, AV Composite
- Audio Output – HDMI, Composite and optical S/PDIF
- Video codecs – VP9-10/ and H.265 up to [email protected], H.264, WMV, MPEG-1/2/4, VC-1, AVS, and RealVideo up to [email protected]
- Audio codecs – MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, Ogg, and programmable with 7.1/5.1 down-mixing
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, Dual Band WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 ports
- Misc – IR receiver
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 15.8 * 10.5 * 2.2cm
- Case – Aluminum
- Weight – n/a
What we find in the box?
- HiMedia A5 TV Box
- HDMI cable (with HiMedia branding)
- Remote control (without AAA batteries)
- Power adapter 5V/2A (EU)
- Quick Start Guide
The HiMedia A5 TV Box is a made very solidly and aesthetically. The case is made of aluminum in black color. The case and the TV Box are doing a very good impression. TV Box is a really high quality. As mentioned at the beginning of TV Box is equipped with a latest SoC from Amlogic called Amlogic S912, which supports VP9-10 Profile-2 up to [email protected], H.265 HEVC [email protected] up to [email protected], H.264 [email protected] up to [email protected], H.264 MVC up to 1080p @60fps, MPEG-4 [email protected] up to [email protected] (ISO-14496) and more. TV Box also runs on Android 6.0. At the center of the top cover we find a logo HiMedia. On the front panel A5 TV Box has a IR receiver and power LED. On one side there are two USB 2.0 ports. On another side is another USB 2.0 and SD card slot. On the rear panel are: S/PDIF optical audio, Composite AV, HDMI 2.0a, Gigabit LAN (RJ45), Upgrade hole and DC jack.
At the bottom of the device there are rubber pads to prevent shifting, also has holes for the discharge of hot air, and serial number and MAC address. Below also remote control.
Below the video where you can see exactly how looks HiMedia A5 TV Box, and what accessories has. Review coming soon.