X96 Air TV Box is another Android TV Box powered by Amlogic S905X3 SoC. We had the opportunity to test the TV Box with the S903X SoC, specifically Beelink GT1mini-2 (review here). Is the new X96 Air TV Box worth buying? it is difficult to say without a review. However, his price is very attractive.
Compared to the S905X2 SoC, TV Boxes equipped with the S905X3 SoC have better performance. However, more differences can be found in our comparison S905X2 vs S905X3.
X96 Air Availability and price
As we mentioned, the price of the new X96 Air TV Box is attractive. TV Box can be found on Aliexpress from $29.39 (Vontar Official Store) version with 2GB RAM/16GB eMMC. $38 (4GB/32GB) and $40.95 (4GB/64GB).
TV Box Overview
In addition to the chipset mentioned, the TV Box is available with 2GB-4GB DDR4 RAM and 16GB-64GB eMMC flash storage. Supports dual-band 802.11ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1 and 10 / 100M Fast Ethernet. TV Box runs on Android 9.0. More details in the specification below.
X96 Air TV Box Specifications:
- CPU – Amlogic S905X3 quad-core Arm Cortex-A55 processor @ 1.9 GHz
- GPU – Arm Mali-G31MP2 GPU
- System Memory, Storage & Networking configurations:
- 2GB DDR4 / 16 GB eMMC flash + microSD card slot + 2.4 GHz WiFi (no Bluetooth), 10/100M Ethernet
- 4GB DDR4 / 32 GB eMMC flash + microSD card slot + dual-band 802.11ac WiFi 5, Bluetooth 4.1, 10/100M Ethernet
- 4GB DDR4 / 64 GB eMMC flash + microSD card slot + dual-band 802.11ac WiFi 5, Bluetooth 4.1, 10/100M Ethernet
- Video & Audio Output
- HDMI 2.1 up to 4K @ 60 Hz with HDCP, CEC, HDR
- 3.5mm AV jack for composite video (480i/576i) and stereo audio
- Optical S/PDIF
- Video Playback
- 10-bit H.265 up to 4K @ 60fps, VP9 Profile-2 up to 4K @ 60fps, AVS2-P2 up to 4K @ 60fps, H.264/AVC up to 4K @ 30fps, H.264 MVC up to 1080p60, MPEG-4 ASP up to 1080p60 (ISO-14496), etc..
- HDR – Dolby Vision optional, HDR10+, HDR10, HLG, and Technicolor PRIME HDR processing
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Misc – LED display on front panel, IR receiver, power LED
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions & weight – TBD
The Android TV Box ships with an IR remote control, a power supply, an HDMI cable, and a user manual. The wireless backlit keyboard is optional with a choice of English & French, English & Spanish, English & Russian or English only.