We have good news for fans of TV Boxes from WeTeK. WeTeK team recently began selling WeTeK Hub, today launches another new TV Box called WeTeK Play 2. Also from today WeTek Play 2 is available for pre-order on WeTek shop for €109.90 just select the preferred digital TV tuner or satellite. The company unveiled WeTek Play 2 during CABSAT 2016 in Dubai
WeTeK Play 2 is a 2nd generation well-known and popular, hybrid TV Box. We had the opportunity to test WeTeK Play (review here). Another model probably also be very successful and will be a sales hit, the more it supports 4K UHD. WeTek Play 2 presents itself as the perfect media center for playing the latest movies and series in 4K UHD, listen to music, play games, browse the internet or use the DVB modular tuner to watch thousands of TV channels via satellite, terrestrial and cable connections. The new device improves on many features, presenting a glorious 4K UHD picture quality and boasting new high quality modular DVB tuner port allowing consumers to choose between DVB-S2 (satellite), DVB-C/T/T2 (cable/terrestrial) and ATSC (North America, South Korea).
WeTeK Play 2 in the opposite of the previous model it has been equipped with Amlogic S905H Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0GHz processor, 2GB DDR3 RAM combined with 8GB eMMC flash memory, guaranteeing its reliability even when playing the most demanding media or running top notch Android apps. Play 2 TV Box runs on Android 5.1.1.
WeTek Play 2 specifications:
- CPU – Amlogic S905-H Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0GHz
- GPU – Mali-450MP GPU – Penta-Core @ 750 MHz
- Memory – 2 GB DDR3
- Storage – 8 GB eMMC flash memory + micro SD card slot
- OS – Android Lollipop 5.1.1
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K @ 60Hz with HDCP 2.2 support, and AV port
- Audio – HDMI, AV (stereo), optical S/PDIF
- TV Tuners – Support DVB-S2, DVB-C/T/T2, ATSC tuners
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi (AP6335) and Bluetooth 4.0
- Interfaces – USB: 2x USB 2.0 host ports (external), 2x internal USB 2.0 ports, micro SD card slot, microphone and headphone jack, RS-232 port, DC jack
- Power – 12V/1.5A
- Dimensions – 180 x 125 x 42mm
In the package you will find: TV Box, Remote control, Update Nail, HDMI Cable, RS232, Power Suply. WeTek Play 2 also supports Google Widevine, Microsoft Playready and HDCP 2.2 video licensing security, making it possible for users to enjoy apps like Netflix in HD. On top of that, DTS and Dolby Digital certifications assure that the sound quality and the home theatre experience is nothing but exceptional.
As we wrote at the beginning, WeTeK play is available for pre-order for €109.90 , but the 4K hybrid media center starts shipping September 6th. Given the specifications, features, firmware updates and WeTek support, we have no doubt that WeTeK company will note large sale WeTek Play 2 Hybrid 4K Media Center. More information on WeTeK Play 2 product page.