The young startup from India, and more specifically from Bangalore built his own PC–on-a-Stick called MagicStick. What stands out the new device from the competition, we mean MeegoPad TV Sticks (MeegoPad T05, T06, T07), Chromecast and Intel Compute Stick? The answer is simple, powerful specifications and many features. The most powerful version MagicStick (MagicStick Power) has Intel Atom x5-Z8700, up to 8GB RAM, up to 64GB storage, 2X2 MIMO Wi-Fi 802.11ac 5 GHZ, HDMI 2.0, USB 3.1 type-C connector, two USB 3.0 Port and Micro USB Port.
- Intel’s 14 nm Cherry Trail Processor – is powered by latest Intel 14 nm Cherry Trail Processor. It comes with quadcore processor and16 core GPU.
- All Latest Faster Ports and Connectors – comes with all the existing ports and connectors. One USB3.1 Port with speed of 10 Gbps data transfer, Two USB3.0 Ports with speed of 5 Gbps data transfer, USB C-type Connector, One Micro SD Port.
- Fastest Wi-Fi Speed – is world’s first smallest computer with above 1 Gbps Wi-Fi speed.
- IOT (Internet of Things) Device – can be controlled using cellphones. You no longer have to get out of your bed to switch on your computer. Using IOT, you can switch ON/OFF your MagicStick using your cellphone itself.
- Pocket size – it is the revolutionary computer designed in such a way that it slips into your pocket without compromising on performance as a Desktop PC.
- Best Power Saver Computer – runs on 5 Watts of power, you can save enough electricity bill to recover your investment in MagicStick within 8 to 10 Months of using it.
- 4K ultra HD videos Streaming – MagicStick is well capable of streaming 4K HD video. So, you will be able to watch ultra High Definition video without any sluggishness.
- Data Recovery on OS or device failure – comes with a RESET button on its board itself. On pressing this RESET button, you can connect MagicStick to any other computer and it will detect it as a normal Pen Drive, so the data can be copied easily.
- COMPUTER as well as STORAGE mode – can work as a computer and as a normal storage as per your requirement. You can switch between COMPUTER mode and STORAGE mode and vice versa.
- Ultra Fast Booting of OS – MagicStick takes less far less time (4 to 6 seconds) to boot windows.
- Noiseless and Fanless computer – doesn’t have fan or hard disk based storage in it, so, there is no irritating noise at all.
- Maintenance Free computer – is a maintenance free computer. You don’t have to trouble shoot for SMPS failures, RAM slot dust cleaning on regular interval, no need to check hard disks and other cables, and no need to maintain the processor’s or other fans in it.
- Rough and Tough (Kids Friendly, and Ants & insects safe) – MagicStick is the most robust computer ever designed. It keeps on running without getting hanged even after it falls off your table or thrown by your kid at floor with little force.
Below the video of MagicStick and overview features.
MagicStick TV Stick will soon be available in three models with different processors and some components.
|MagicStick One||MagicStick Wave||MagicStick Power|
|Processor||Intel Atom x5-Z8300 processor up to 1.83 GHz, with 12 core Gen8 GPU||Intel Atom x5-Z8500 processor up to 2.24 GHz, with 12 core Gen8 GPU||Intel Atom x5-Z8700 processor up to 2.4 GHz, with 16 core Gen8 GPU|
|Memory||2 GB DDR3L||4 GB LPDDR3L||8 GB LPDDR3L|
|Storage||32 GB eMMC||32 GB eMMC||64 GB eMMC|
|Video Output||HDMI 2.0||HDMI 2.0||HDMI 2.0|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n up to 300 Mbps + Bluetooth 4.1||Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac up to 300 Mbps and 802.11ac up to 867 Mbps + Bluetooth 4.1||Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac up to 300 Mbps and 802.11ac up to 867 Mbps + Bluetooth 4.1|
|Feature||IoT Supported||IoT Supported||IoT Supported|
|Ports||1x USB 3.0 C type port, 3x USB 2.0 ports, 1x micro USB Port, 1x HDMI 2.0||1x USB 3.1 C type port, 2x USB 3.0 ports, 1x micro USB Port, 1x HDMI 2.0||1x USB 3.1 C type port, 2x USB 3.0 ports, 1x micro USB Port, 1x HDMI 2.0|
|OS||Windows10 Trial Version + Android Lollipop (Supports all variants of Linux)||Windows10 Trial Version + Android Lollipop (Supports all variants of Linux)||Windows10 Trial Version + Android Lollipop (Supports all variants of Linux)|
Below compare specifications and features of various devices. As you can see MagicStick so far is number one.
The mini PC Sticks will ship with Windows 10 Trial (unlicensed) and Android Lollipop by default, but the company says “all variants of Linux are supported”. MagicStick also comes with Windows 10 pre activated with addition license fee of $49 per unit.
MagicStick will be available from 29 September on Indiegogo in prices: MagicStick One for $139 ($99early bird only 500), MagicStick Wave for $189 ($159early bird 500 only) and MagicStick Power for $269 ($229early bird 500 only). We will look at this project. We keep our fingers crossed for success. Maybe we can test one day one of the models MagicStick. More about information about the project can be found on the website MagicStick.net.