Today we want to show you the unboxing of HiMedia Q30 TV Box. HiMedia Q30 is the latest TV Box in the HiMedia portfolio featuring one of the newer SoC called HiSilicon Hi3798M V200. It is worth mentioning that Himedia company as one of the first manufacturers to introduce TV Boxes based on SoC HiSilicon Hi3798C V200 and it comes out that also with the new HiSilicon Hi3798M V200. Whether the Himedia Q30 is another successful TV Box from HiMedia, you will find out soon from review. Below HiMedia Q30 TV Box specification and details of the device.
I want to say thanks to HiMedia company (HiMedia Technology Limited – www.himediatech.com, Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Himediatech/) for sending us a HiMedia Q30 TV Box to review. At the moment no information about the availability Q30 TV Box of well-known online stores. More details and prices can be reached by contacting with HiMedia directly via email.
HiMedia Q30 Android TV Box basic specifications:
- CPU – HiSilicon Hi3798M V200 quad-core ARM Cortex A53 processor
- GPU – Multi-core ARM Mali-450 supporting OpenGL ES2.0/1.1, OpenVG1.1, EGL,Imprex 2.0 PQ engine with HDR/HLG/SLF/HDR to SDR,BT.709+BT.2020
- Memory – 2GB DDR3
- OS – Android 7.0 with 1080p UI
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash and SD card
- Video Ouput – 1x HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60 Hz, 1x composite video (RCA)
- Audio Output – HDMI, stereo audio (RCA), optical S/PDIF port.
- Video Codecs / Formats – 10-bit H.265/HEVC, H.264, VC1, MPEG4, MPEG2, VP9, VP8, VP6, AVS video decoding up top 250 Mbps bitrate. 3D blu-ray, BD-ISO, 3D BD-ISO
- Audio Capabilities – 7.1 HD Audio pass-through and downmix for Dolby TtrueHD, DTS HD, and Dolby Atmos, 192K/24bit audio decoding and output
- Connectivity – Fast Ethernet 10/100 Mbps, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi with external antenna
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 host port, 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – Front LED, IR receiver
- Power Supply – 12V/2A (perhaps)
- Dimensions & Weight – n/a
- Case – metal shell
What we find in the box?
- HiMedia Q30 TV Box
- HDMI cable (with HiMedia branding)
- Remote control (without AAA batteries)
- Power adapter 5V/2A (EU)
- Quick Start Guide
The HiMedia Q30 is another great TV Box made in high-end style, from HiMedia portfolio. The housing like most TV Box from HiMedia is made of aluminum (in black color). The case and the TV Box are doing a very good impression. TV Box is a really high quality. As mentioned at the beginning of TV Box is equipped with a cheaper version (HiSilicon Hi3798C V200) SoC from HiSilicon called HiSilicon Hi3798M V200, which also supports H.265/HEVC Main/Main 10 profile@level 5.1 high-tier, 4K x 2K@60 fps 10-bit decoding, H.264/AVC BP/MP/HP@level 5.1, H.264/AVC MVC, 4K x 2K@30 fps decoding, 4K x 2K@60 fps 10-bit VP9 decoding and more. TV Box also runs on Android 7.0. At the center of the top cover we find a logo HiMedia. On the front panel Q30 TV Box has a IR receiver, Power button and power LED. On one side there are two USB ports: USB 3.0 and USB 2.0. On another side is another USB 2.0 and SD card slot. On the rear panel are: S/PDIF optical audio, Composite AV (L/R Stereo), HDMI 2.0a, Ethernet LAN (RJ45), Upgrade hole and DC jack.
At the bottom of the device there are rubber pads to prevent shifting, and serial number and MAC address. Below also is a well-known remote control.
Below the video where you can see exactly how looks HiMedia Q30 TV Box, and what accessories has. Review coming soon.