Availability and price
If someone has not yet decided or are planning to buy, X96S TV Stick is now available on Aliexpress for $46.06 (4GB/32GB)
For those who have not yet had an opportunity to look at the X96S TV Dongle remind its specification:
- CPU – Amlogic S905Y2 quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0 GHz
- GPU – Mali-G31 MP2 “Dvalin” GPU
- Memory – 2GB LPDDR4 or 4GB LPDDR4
- Storage – 16GB eMMC or 32GB eMMC flash, micro SD card slot
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 2.1 output with HDR up to 4K UHD @ 75 Hz
- Video Codecs – VP9 Profile-2 up to 4K 60fps, 10-bit H.265 up to 4K 60fps, AVS2-P2 up to 4K 60fps, H.264/AVC up to 4K 30fps, H.264 MVC up to 1080p60, MPEG-4 ASP up to 1080p60 (ISO-14496), etc..
- Connectivity – Dual-band WiFi AC (aka WiFi 5), and Bluetooth 4.2
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port
- Misc – IR expansion jack
- Power Supply – 5V via micro USB port
- Dimensions – 98 x 33 x 13 mm
Firmware X96S for Android TV Stick
The firmware is available as an SD update (put the .zip file on the flash drive and indicate the path from the firmware to the TV Stick). The new firmware X96S TV Stick (with 4GB/32GB) powered by Amlogic S905Y2 (20200620) can be download below. Here you will also find: upgrade tutorial and amlogic tool. Firmware for the previous X96S TV Dongle version with 4GB RAM here.