Availability and price
For those who have not yet had an opportunity to look at the X96S TV Dongle remind its specification:
- CPU – Amlogic S905Y2 quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0 GHz
- GPU – Mali-G31 MP2 “Dvalin” GPU
- Memory – 2GB LPDDR4 or 4GB LPDDR4
- Storage – 16GB eMMC or 32GB eMMC flash, micro SD card slot
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 2.1 output with HDR up to 4K UHD @ 75 Hz
- Video Codecs – VP9 Profile-2 up to 4K 60fps, 10-bit H.265 up to 4K 60fps, AVS2-P2 up to 4K 60fps, H.264/AVC up to 4K 30fps, H.264 MVC up to 1080p60, MPEG-4 ASP up to 1080p60 (ISO-14496), etc..
- Connectivity – Dual-band WiFi AC (aka WiFi 5), and Bluetooth 4.2
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port
- Misc – IR expansion jack
- Power Supply – 5V via micro USB port
- Dimensions – 98 x 33 x 13 mm
The firmware is available as an image file, you can update the TV Dongle using a flash method. The new firmware X96S TV Stick (4GB/32GB) powered by Amlogic S905Y2 (20190925) can be download below. Here you will also find: upgrade tutorial and amlogic tool.
If you plan to start a business with TV Boxes, or you need a reliable manufacturer who also offers OEM customization, then you should be interested in the B2GO company offer. B2GO is a Professional Manufacturer of Android TV Box since 2006. More information about B2GO‘s capabilities and services, you can find on their website – www.tvbox-manufacturer.com