Finally, Firefly Station M3 Mini PC is now available for purchase. Station M3 8K Mini PC powered by Rockchip RK3588S octa-core Cortex-A76 / A55 processor available for $229 (4GB / 32GB) and up. Besides, Firefly Station M3 Geek PC can be equipped with up to 16GB RAM, 128GB eMMC flash storage, and also support M.2 SATA, NVMe SSD, 8K dual video outputs, Gigabit Ethernet, WiFi 5, and more.
Prices and Availability
Announced at the beginning of August the Firefly Station M3 RK3588S Mini PC is now available (presale) in Firefly’s store. Depending on the amount of RAM and storage, Station M3 prices are as follows:
- 4GB RAM LPDDR4 and 32GB eMMC storage for $229
- 8GB RAM LPDDR4 and 64GB eMMC storage for $309
- 16GB RAM LPDDR4 and 256GB eMMC storage for $459
At the moment, only gray housing is available. By the way, delivery will likely occur before August 31, 2022. The Firefly’s 8K Mini PC device will be delivered by default from Station OS (new UI). However, it also supports native Android 12 / Android TV OS, Linux distributions, and UEFI boot. Station M3 RK3588S / RK3588 Mini PC works well as a mini personal computer for work and entertainment (gaming and streaming).
Firefly Station M3 Mini PC Specification Details
Under the small housing (96.6 × 73 × 32.8mm), we find the mentioned Rockchip RK3588S SoC. This Octa-core processor offers 4×Cortex-A76 and 4×Cortex-A55, 8nm lithography process, and frequency up to 2.4GHz. Besides, the chip is integrated with ARM Mali-G610 MP4 quad-core GPU and built-in AI accelerator NPU, it provides 6Tops computing power.
Besides, Station M3 supports up to 16GB RAM LPDDR4 and up to 128GB eMMC storage. In addition, it has an M.2 PCIe2.0 NVMe SSD SATA3.0 (2242) slot, and a TF card slot. As mentioned, the Firefly Station M3 offers 8K video encoding and decoding ([email protected] H.265 / VP9 / AVS2, [email protected] H.264 AVC / MVC). In addition, of course, it also supports the latest AV1 decoding ([email protected]). It also allows [email protected] dual display via HDMI 2.1 and USB-C / DP1.4. More details are in the specification below.
Station M3 Mini PC Specification
Firefly Station M3 specification:
- CPU – Rockchip RK3588S octa-core processor with 4x Cortex-A76 cores @ up to 2.4 GHz, 4x Cortex-A55 cores
- GPU – Arm Mali-G610 MP4 quad-core GPU with OpenGL ES 3.2, OpenCL 2.2, Vulkan 1.1 support, 6 TOPS NPU, and an 8Kp60 H.265/VP9/AVS2 video decoder, 4Kp60 decoder, 8Kp30 H.265/H.264 video encoder
- Memory – 4GB, 8GB, or 16GB LPDDR4
- 32GB, 64GB, 128GB or 256GB eMMC flash
- M.2 SATA 3.0 or PCIe 2.0 socket for 2242 SSD. Note: SATA 3.0 is multiplexed with PCIe 2.0 in RK3588S, so it should be selectable by software.
- MicroSD card socket
- Video Output
- HDMI 2.1 port up to [email protected] or [email protected]
- USB Type-C port via DisplayPort 1.4 Alt mode up to 8Kp30
- Audio – 3.5mm headphone jack, HDMI and USB-C
- Networking – Gigabit Ethernet port, dual-band 802.11b/g/n/ac WiFi 5, and Bluetooth 4.2
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB 2.0 port, 1x USB 3.0 OTG Type-C port with DisplayPort Alt mode
- Misc – Power button, recovery button (inside audio jack)
- Power Supply – 12V DC via 5.5/2.1mm power barrel jack
- Power Consumption
- Idle – 0.42W (12V/35mA)
- Typical – 3W (12V/250mA)
- Max – 14.4W (12V/1200mA)
- Dimensions – 96.6 x 73 x 32.8 mm
- Temperature Range – Operating: -20°C to +60°C, storage: -20°C to +70°C
Discussion about this post