The Firefly has introduced one of the first single-board computers powered by the new RK3588S chip called ROC-RK3588S-PC. Firefly ROC-RK3588S-PC (SBC) is powered by the cheaper version of the Rockchip RK3588 SoC with fewer interfaces. However, it can be equipped with up to 32GB DDR4 of RAM. Besides Firefly’s ROC-RK3588S-PC offers 8K video encoding and decoding (up to 60fps), multi-OS support, and more. In addition, the appearance of the ROC-RK3588S-PC may also herald the soon release of the new Station PC. Perhaps it will be the Station P3 based on Rockchip RK3588/RK3588S.
Recently, as you know, Firefly also introduced an 8K Firefly ITX-3588J Mainboard based on the RK3588 SoC. Unlike a larger mainboard, the ROC-RK3588S-PC is a powerful card-sized PC based on the new Rockchip RK3588S octa-core processor with 4×Cortex-A76 and 4×Cortex-A55, 8nm lithography process, and frequency up to 2.4GHz. Besides, the chip is integrated with ARM Mali-G610 MP4 quad-core GPU and built-in AI accelerator NPU, it provides 6Tops computing power.
In addition, to support up to 32GB RAM, the latest Firefly single board computer/dev board has an onboard M.2 PCIe2.0 (1Lane) interface that can be connected with 2242 NVMe SSD mass storage devices.
As we mentioned, Firefly RK3588S single board computer supports 8K @60fps H.265 / VP9 video decoding and 8K @30fps H.265 / H.264 video encoding. Besides, it supports HDMI 2.1 8K video output, USB-C (DP1.4), and dual MIPI-DSI multi-channel video output – up to four-screen output with different displays can be achieved. Dual MIPI-CSI camera input is also supported.
Powerful ROC-RK3588S-PC on-board has 1000Mbps RJ45 Ethernet, 2.4GHz/5GHz dual-band WiFi, and Bluetooth 4.2. Besides, various interfaces: MIPI-DSI, MIPI-DSI1, MIPI-DSI0, HDMI2.1, USB3.0, USB2.0, USB-C, M.2 PCIe2.0 and GbE are configured.
The RK3588S single board PC can be used as a media player, but it will also work well in commercial projects. Besides supports many different systems, including Android 12.0, Ubuntu Desktop / Server version, Debian11, Buildroot, Kylin and UOS are supported. It also supports RTLinux, delivering excellent real-time performance. Additionally, UEFI Boot is also available.
Firefly ROC-RK3588S-PC Full Specifications
- SoC – Rockchip RK3588S octa-core processor with 4x Cortex-A76 cores @ up to 2.4 GHz, four Cortex-A55 cores,
- GPU – Arm Mali-G610 MP4 quad-core GPU with OpenGL ES3.2 / OpenCL 2.2 / Vulkan1.1 support, 6 TOPS NPU, and an 8Kp60 H.265/VP9/AVS2 video decoder, 4Kp60 decoder, 8Kp30 H.265/H.264 video encoder
- Memory – 4GB, 8GB, 16GB or 32GB LPDDR4/LPDDR4x/LPDDR5
- 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, or 128GB eMMC flash
- M.2 (PCIe 2.0) socket for M.2 2242 NVMe SSD
- MicroSD card slot
- Video Output
- HDMI 2.1 port up to 8Kp60 or 4Kp120
- DisplayPort 1.4 up to 8Kp30 via USB-C port
- 2x MIPI-DSI connectors up to 4Kp60
- Up to four independent video outputs
- Camera – 2x 2-lane MIPI-CSI input or 1x 4-lane MIPI-CSI input
- 3.5mm audio (headphone+mic) jack
- Digital audio output via HDMI and DP ports
- Line OUT on header
- 2-pin header for microphone
- Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port
- Dual-band WiFi 5 and Bluetooth 4.2 BLE
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 Type-A port, 3x USB 2.0 interfaces (1x Type-A, 2x on header), 1x USB 3.0 OTG Type-C port with DP Alt mode
- M.2 (PCIe 2.0) socket for NVMe SSD
- 20-pin GPIO header, 2.0mm pitch, with LINE-OUT, 2x USB 2.0, UART, SPI, GPIO, ADC, VCC (5V/3.3V/1.8V)
- Misc – 12V fan 3-pin header, 3-pin debug header, Power and Recovery buttons
- Power Supply – 12V DC input via 5.5×2.1mm DC jack
- Power Consumption
- Idle: 0.42W (12V/35mA)
- Typical: 2.25W (12V/190mA)
- Max: 12W (12V/1000mA)
- Dimensions – 90 x 60mm
- Weight – Around 50g
- Temperature Range – Operating: -20°C to 60°C; storage: -20°C to 70°C
- Humidity – 40% to 70 %
Availability and price
There is no information about price availability at the moment. However, if Firefly announces a price list, we will let you know immediately. More details on the product page.
[UPDATE 04/21/22] The following prices are available:
The ROC-RK3588S-PC with 4GB RAM and 32GB eMMC storage is available for $219. And the version with 8GB RAM and 64GB eMMC for $299. Also, if you order now, you will receive a gift. Exactly: 12V power adapter, antenna cable, type-C USB cable and fan.