About Firefly ROC-RK3566-PC Quad-Core 64-Bit mini-computer we wrote at the end of April. But now we have some good news. RK3566 single-board mini computer is available for purchase.
Firefly ROC-RK3566-PC Availability and price
ROC-RK3566-PC credit card-sized (measures 60x90mm) mini computer is available at Firefly store for $89 (2GB RAM/32GB eMMC storage) and $119 (4GB/32GB). In addition, Firefly also announced a version with 8GB RAM (popular combination with RK3566 SoC) and 128GB eMMC. Additionally, it has an M2. PCIe2.0 interface (can be connected with NVMe SSD) that allows expansion with a large hard drive. But at the moment we do not know when this configuration will be available for sale.
[UPDATE 05/18/21] Firefly has a promotion, now ROC-RK3566-PC 2GB/32GB is available for $75, 4GB/32GB version for $105
ROC-RK3566-PC Some Details
First of all, Firefly’s single-board computer based on Rockchip RK3566 SoC (Quad-core 64-bit Cortex-A55, 22nm lithography process, frequency up to 1.8GHz) has three co-processors integrated. Dual-core GPU, high-performance VPU, and high-efficiency NPU. ROC-RK3566-PC supports up to 8GB ECC memory, up to 128GB flash, M.2 2242 MVMe SSD’s, HDMI 2.0 and MIPI DSI video interfaces, Gigabit Ethernet, and more. The additional RK3566 mini computer supports various systems such as Android, Ubuntu, Buildroot + QT, Station OS (Firefly Geek System), and other systems, and supports to boot the system via TF card, U disk, EMMC, etc. You can find more in the specification below.
Firefly ROC-RK3566-PC specifications:
- SoC – RockChip RK3566 quad-core Cortex-A55 @ up to 1.8GHz with Arm Mali-G52 2EE GPU with support for OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0/3.2. OpenCL 2.0. Vulkan 1.1, 0.8 TOPS NPU, 4Kp60 H.265/H.264/VP9 video decoder
- Memory – 2GB, 4GB, or 8GB LPDDR4 RAM with support for all-data-link ECC
- 32GB, 64GB, or 128GB eMMC flash
- M.2 PCIe 2.0 socket for M.2 2242 NVMe SSD
- MicroSD card slot
- Video Output
- 1x HDMI 2.0 up to 4Kp60
- 1x MIPI DSI up to 1080p60 output, or dual-channel MIPI DSI up to 2560x 1440 @ 60fps
- Audio – 3.5mm earphone jack, digital audio via HDMI
- Camera – MIPI-CSI camera interface for up to 8MP camera sensor
- Gigabit Ethernet low-profile RJ45 connector
- Dual-band WiFi 5 (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) 2×2 MIMO and Bluetooth 5.0
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB 2.0 port, 1xUSB Type C OTG port also used for power
- Expansion – 30-pin IO header with I2C, SPI, UART, ADC, PWM, GPIO, I2S, etc. Note: 2.0mm pitch
- Misc – IR receiver, recovery, reset & power keys, dual-color LED
- Power Supply – 5V via USB Type-C port
- Dimensions – 90.0 mm × 60.0 mm
- Temperature Range – Operating: -10°C to 60°C; Storage: -20°C to 70°C
- Humidity -10% to 80%
Station M2 Geek Computer
Based on the ROC-RK3566-PC, the Station M2 Geek Computer will also be available soon. There was no dedicated housing to be fully happy. So the successor to the M1 Mini Geek PC, the RK3566 Station M2 will be a “full” mini computer that you can safely carry with you. More about Station M2 Mini Geek PC here.