Actions Semi ATM7029 is a quad core ARM Cortex A5 class SoC usually found in low cost Android tablets. A manufacturer, which might be Egotronics, has decided to make Android STBs with the processor, and B712 and B716 are now sold for about $65 on dx.com under the brand Cheerlink. This price should make them one of the cheapest full size quad core Android TV boxes on the market, albeit with much lower performance compared to devices based on Rockchip RK3188 or AllWinner A31.
Cheerlink B712/B716 specifications:
- SoC – Actions Semi ATM7029 Quad Core ARM Cortex A5 @ 1.2 GHz with Vivante GC1000 Plus GPU
- System Memory – 1GB SDRAM DDR3 (512MB as an option)
- Storage – 4 GB NAND Flash (8GB/16GB as options) + microSD slot up to 32GB
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 1.4A, AV (3.5mm jack)
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
- USB – 2x USB host ports
- Power Supply – DC 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 16 x 11.8 x 2.4 cm (B712), 15.7 x 10.6 x 2.4 cm (B716)
- Weight – 552 g (B712), 547.7 g (B716). Note: this must be the package weight…
Both media players run Android 4.2.2, and are said to support Google Play, and features like Miracast or DLNA. They are sold with an IR remote (2x AAA batteries not included), HDMI and AV cables, and a universal power adapter.