We have good news for fans (and also us) Xiaomi will be coming soon to the US with his Mi Box. Xiaomi together with Google is preparing a special version of the Xiaomi Mi Box dedicated to the US market. TV Box will support Android TV 6.0. Perhaps in the future, Mi TV Box with Android TV 6.0 will be available in other countries. As you know from TV boxes Xiaomi deserve recognition, but not always Chinese Miui TV interface will appeal to everyone. Thus probably change the interface (the transition to TV Android 6.0), and adaptation to users outside China.
- CPU – Amlogic S905X-H quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0GHz
- GPU – with penta-core Mali-450MP GPU @ 750 MHz
- Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60 Hz with HDCP 2.2 and CEC support
- Audio Output – HDMI, optical S/PDIF and 3.5mm audio jack
- Video Codecs – VP9 Profile-2 & H.265 MP-10 up to 4K @ 60 fps, H.264 AVC up to 4K @ 30 fps, H.264 MVC up to 1080p60
- Audio Codecs – DTS 2.0+ digital out, Dolby digital plus up to 7.1 pass-through
- HDR – HDR10 and HLG HDR processing
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host ports
- DRM – Widevine L1 + PlayReady 3.0
- Power Supply – 5.2V/2.1A
- Dimensions & Weight – 101 x 101 x 19.5 mm
- Weight – 176.5
Visually TV Box looks very nice, has a beautiful shape, is elegant and aesthetic therefore not surprising design award (Red Dot Design Award and GOOD DESIGN AWARD). As we said earlier Xiaomi Mi Box will run Android 6.0 TV, and also comes with a Bluetooth voice remote control powered by two AAA batteries, an HDMI cable, a 100/240V 50/60Hz to 5.2V power supply, and a user’s guide.
Mi Game controller can also be purchased as an option. The device obviously supports all DRM options to get 1080p and 4K video playback for YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, and so on.
Over the whole project mentoring leads Hugo Barra from the Xiaomi team. At the moment no information on price, we will keep you informed.