Most often we write and shows you a typical TV boxes. What does it mean? It means nothing more than the functionality of the Android TV Box (whatever that means :)) Therefore, today we have the opportunity to show you the hybrid. Android TV Box which in addition to “standard” has an additional functionality – Digital TV. The This TV boxes are not very popular, or popular in the circle of people who in addition to everything that has Android TV Box wish to have access to the Digital TV with PVR feature. Today we pleased to show you the unboxing of U4 Quad Hybrid TV Box with DVB-T2/T/C and DVB-S2 Tuner powered by Hisilicon Hi3796M processor.
I want to say thanks to Vivant Tech company for sending us a U4 Quad Hybrid TV Box to review. Now U4 Quad Hybrid is available on Aliexpress.com in the Vivant Tech official store for $106.69 + free shipping.
U4 Quad Hybrid specifications:
- CPU – Hisilicon Hi3796M quad core Cortex A7
- GPU – Mali-450MP GPU
- Memory – 1GB DDR3-1600 MHz
- Storage – 8GB internal storage and micro SD slot
- OS – Android 4.4
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4a up to 4K @ 30Hz + AV port (CBVS)
- Audio Output – HDMI, AV and coaxial S/PDIF
- Video Decoding – Up to 4K @30 fps for H.265, H.264, MPEG-4, AVS, VC-1, VP6/8
- DVB-S2 Tuner – Hi3136 demodulator; freq range: 950 to 2,150 MHz; symbol rate: DVB-S: 1~55 Mbps; DVB-S2: 1~44 Mbps; Input level: -65 to -25 dBm; LNB IN connector
- DVB-T2/T/C Tuner – AVL6762 demodulator; freq range: 43 to 1,002 MHz; bandwidth: 6/7/8/1.7 MHz; signal level: -80 to -25 dBm, ANT IN connector
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 host port, 1x USB 2.0 host port
- Misc – 2x LED, IR/LED connector (looks like mini USB)
- Power Supply – 12V/1.5A
- Dimensions – 135 x 135 x 33 mm
- Weight – 900 g
What we find in the box? The box included everything that you need to get started:
- U4 Quad Hybrid Android TV Box
- HDMI cable
- Power adapter 12V/1.5A (EU)
- Remote control (without AAA batteries)
- WiFi Antenna
- AV Cable
The outer casing is solidly constructed and aesthetically pleasing. Apart from the fact that the device has a built-in DVB-T & DVB-S2 TV Tuner Box is well equipped with I / O ports.
As we said at the beginning of his heart is a Hisilicon Hi3796M quad core Cortex A7 processor which supports
HiVXE Video Decoding:
- H.265 Main Profile@L5.0 High-tier
- H.264 BP/MP/HP@L5.0
- Full-HD 3D videos (MVC), blu-ray navigation
- AVS baseline profile@L6.0, AVS-P16 (AVS+)
- MPEG2 SP@ML, MP@HL
- MPEG4 SP@L0−3, ASP@L0−5, GMC
- MPEG4 short header format (H.263 baseline)
- VC-1 SP@ML, MP@HL, AP@L0−3
- MJPEG decoding, maximum 1080p@30 fps
- 4K x 2K@30 fps decoding
- Low delay decoding
- Simultaneous 4-channel HD decoding
Device runs on Android 4.4 KitKat. The front panel has IR receiver and power LED. On one side is the micro SD slot, USB 2.0 host port and a USB 3.0 host port. Also we find AV port, and a mini USB port for an IR/LED extension cable (not included). On the rear panel of the TV Box is ANT IN and LNB IN antenna connectors, coaxial S/PDIF, the WiFi connector, HDMI output, 10/100M Ethernet, and a DC jack.
At the bottom of the device there are four rubber pads to prevent shifting. The U4 Quad Hybrid also has holes for the discharge of hot air. Below also remote control.
Below the video where you can look specifically at the U4 Quad Hybrid Android TV Box and accessories that are included. Coming soon review.