The Allwinner H3 is a processor designed to bring 4K video playback to low cost TV boxes. Allwinner unveiled the chip a few months ago, and now one of the first devices featuring an H3 processor is set to launch soon. The Tronsmart Draco H3 is a HDMI TV Stick which is expected to sell for between $30 and $40.
- SoC – Allwinner H3 quad core ARM Cortex A7 @ 1.5GHz with quad core Mali-400MP2 @ 600 MHz
- System Memory – 1 GB DDR3
- Storage – 8 GB eMMC flash + micro SD slot
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi with external antenna, and Bluetooth 4.0 (AP6212 module)
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 1.4 male connector up to 4K2K @ 30Hz, with HDMI CEC support
- Video Codec – H.265/HEVC up to 4K30, 1080p60 decoding for H.264, VP8, MPEG-1/2, MPEG-4, H.263. WMV9, VC1, etc…
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 port (full size), 1x micro USB OTG port, 1x micro USB port for power
- Misc – Function key (recovery?)
- Power Supply – 5V with micro USB port
Tronsmart Draco H3 runs Android 4.4 KitKat and also has a Fn button which is used when you’re updating the firmware for the TV stick. Tronsmart Draco H3 should start shipping in the middle of May.