At CES 2017 also Rockchip – chip manufacturer, showed its new products and solutions using the new chips. Of course, our attention was drawn to the new SoC Rockchip RK3328 dedicated to TV Box Solution.
New Rockchip RK3328 is another new great chip with great features that soon we will be able to find a new TV Boxes known vendors.
Rockchip RK3328 Key Features:
- Android 7.1/ Linux OS nad 64bit CPU
- Support DDR4 large memory
- High Dynamic Range for better expierience
- 4K 60Hz display with HDR extension display
- Powerful 4K video decoders upt to 60fps 10Bit
- H.265 encoding for Video Communication and IP Camera
- High throughtput for accessing USB 3.0 storage device
- GigaEthernet is necessary for Fiber Home
- Dual Ethernet I/F, support Gateway function
- MIC array for voice recognizatin and voice control
- Hardware based modules for DVB application
- OP-TEE secure OS and DRM including Widevine L1 and PlayReady
- High integration for cost effective
More detailed information about the RK3328 can also be found in the specification below.
Rockchip RK3328 specification:
- 64bit Quad core Cortex-A53 CPU
- Support DDR3/DDR3L/DDR4 memory
- Support HDR10/HLG function
- HDMI 2.0a with HDCP 2.x/1.4
- 4K UHD H.264/H.265/VP9 video decoder
- 1080P H.265/H.264 encoder
- Dual Ethernet interface (RGMII + FE PHY)
- Embedded Giga Ethernet MAC
- 8 channels I2S, support PDM/TDM interface
- TS and Smart Card interface, support CSA 2.0
- Support TrustZone, Security Video Path, Secure Boot, OTP
- Embedded FE PHY/Audio DAC/CVBS Out
For now we do not know when there will be a new TV Box powered by RK3328 and how much costs RK3328 chip. At the moment, we can say that the chip has a large potential all depends on the manufacturer and his ingenuity optimal use of the chip and its features. If we have new information we will give you know.