We have good news, there is a new firmware for ZIDOO X6 Pro TV Box (v1.0.42 release). ZIDOO team is not idle and releases a new firmware v1.0.42. The ZIDOO company cares about good relations with users and tries to provide good support their devices. A big plus for the ZIDOO team, because all the time take care of bug fixes and develop their own firmware, and focused not only on new devices, but remember users older models! . If you plan to purchase TV Box heed necessarily on the frequency and vendor support. If someone has not yet decided or are planning to buy, ZIDOO X6 Pro is available on Geekbuying for $109 + free shipping, on Amazon for $109 + free shipping and on Amazon UK for £79+ free UK delivery. ZIDOO X6 Pro TV Box review here.
For those who have not yet had an opportunity tolook at the ZIDOO X6 Pro remind its specification:
- CPU Model – Rockchip RK3368 Octa Core up to 1.5GHz (Cortex-A53 64bit)
- Operating System – Android 5.1, Built in Google Play Store,Support OTA Function
- GPU – PowerVR SGX6110; support 4K*2K H.265/H.264
- Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Internal Storage – 16GB eMMC
- Wifi Connectivity – IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/mimo, 802.11AC,4.900 GHz ~ 5.845 GHz (5.0 GHz ISM Band) AP6335 dual-band WIFI
- Ethernet – 1 * RJ-45 Ethernet Jack (10/100/1000Mbps)
- Bluetooth – BT 4.0
- HDMI Port – Standard HDMI female, v2.0 Support [email protected] Support HD Audio(7.1CH)
- Other Interface – 1 * TF card reader SD card interface . Support 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB, 2 * USB 2.0 port (one could be a OTG port), 1 * IR receiver, 1 * Composite video and audio port, 1 * S/SPDIF (2CH, 5.1CH)
- Power – DC 5V/2A
- Video Format – DAT/MPEG/MPE/MPG/TS/TP/VOB/MP4/MOV/3GP/FLV/ISO/M2TS/BDISO/BDMV/WMV/WMA
- Audio Format – DD/DD+/DTS /MP2/MP3/WMA/WAV/OGG /OGA/FLAC/ALAC/ APE/ AAC
- Dimensions: 10.8 x 10.8 x 2.1cm
New firmware v1.0.42 can be downloaded here – Mediafire (OTA zip file). What we find in the new firmware v1.0.42 update list:
- Added a function that wake up the standby TVset simultaneously when you power on the box.(HDMI CEC)
- Upgraded HappyCast.This time the App been placed the user’s partition so that users can uninstall it as they like.
- The arrangement of apps in the Apps list enriched,there are 3 ways which are alphabetical,installation time and usage frequency to reorder apps.
- Fixed the issue that fail to fetch the info from the server sometimes.
- Fixed the installation error of some APP.
- Issues fixed
- Added a action to reflesh the tags when start the APP
- Fixed a issue that display empty when enter a custom directory.
- Fixed a issue that fail to scan when a file’s name is same as a device’s name
- Fixed a mistake caused by mouse
- Fixed a save problem after the scan
- Added episodes system
- The videos which have the same movie info will be combined into one “episodes” album, and be showed as one poster.
- A list button added,users can choose and play.
- Added NFS support
- Allow to add a custom NFS device
- Added both devices and directory support
- Optimized the UI.
- Add background bokeh effect
- Fixed the issue that no defalut picture showed on the search UI
- Fixed some translation mistakes
- Improved the identify of the movies
- “,”and “.”will be treated as blank
- Optimized UI
- Inconspicuous dialog improved
- Jittering when enter the Favorite list improved.
- Reflesh the UI after delete files.
- Graphic engine improved
- Fixed issues
- Aborted when scanning SMB devices.
- Aborted when using mouse
- Fail to exit when broswing the SMB devices and the network interrupted
- Aborted sometimes when appearing translucence animation
- Fail to display the favorite icon
- Adjust some functions
- Not to kill the entities of SMB and NFS when quit their UI lest affecting the APP which using SMB and NFS on background.
- Stability improved
- Handled the condition of network error from remote device.
- Avoid the crash from fetch the device’s name.
Source: zidoo forum