We have good news, there is a new firmware (.img file) for Tanix TX2 (update 20170608). This is a big plus for the manufacturer responsible for Tanix brand, and this is a good news for all who choose to purchase Tanix TX2. TV Box once again received a firmware update. If someone has not yet decided or are planning to buy, Tanix TX2 Android TV Box is now available on Geekbuying for $29.99 (1GB/8GB) and $29.42 (2GB/16GB).
For those who have not yet had an opportunity to look at the Tanix TX2 TV Box remind its specification:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3229 quad core ARM Cortex A7 processor @ 1.5 GHz
- GPU – ARM Mali-400MP2
- Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 16GB NAND flash + SD card slot up to 32GB
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K2K @ 60 fps
- Audio Output – HDMI and coaxial S/PDIF
- Connectivity – 100Mbps Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Interfaces – HDMI port, RJ45 port, SPDIF port, 2x USB Host, micro SD Card Slot, DC jack.
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 10.5 x 10.5 x 1 cm
- Weight – 123 g
The firmware is available as .img file (requires flash method). New firmware for Tanix TX2 TV Box with Rockchip RK3229 (update 20170608) can be downloaded here. No information about the changes.