We have good news, there is a new firmware for MX PLUS II TV Box with Rockchip RK3229 processor (2016-06-29). If someone has not yet decided or are planning to buy, MX PLUS II is available on Geekbuying for $27.79 + free shipping and on Gearbest for $27.69 + free shipping. It should also be noted that the manufacturer takes care of updating this model.
- CPU – Rockchip RK3229 quad core ARM Cortex A7 processor @ 1.5 GHz
- GPU – ARM Mali-400MP2
- Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB eMMC Flash + SD card slot (up to 32GB)
- OS – Android 4.4
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0
- Video Decoding/Format – H.265 10-bit 4K*[email protected], H.264 AVC/MVC 4K*[email protected], AVS+, MPEG1/2/4 ASP, WMV/VC-1, RealVideo8/9/10 / Format – MKV, WMV, M2TS, MOV, MP4, AVI, MPG, MPEG, DAT, VOB, FLV, 3GP, DIVX, F4V, ASF, M2V etc.
- Connectivity – 10/100/1000M, Wi-Fi 2.4GHz 802.11b/g/n (AP6212), Bluetooth 4.0
- Interfaces – 1x HDMI (2.0), DC jack, RJ45 LAN, SD card slot, 3x USB 2.0, optical S/SPDIF jack
- Other – IR receiver, power LED
- Power Supply – DC 5V/3A
- Dimensions – 117*117*18.5mm
- Weight – 250g
Firmware is available in two variants:
Flash tool: http://www.mediafire.com/download/58kybxol0436xdr/mxq-4k_BatchTool_English.rar
Flash guide: http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2016/02/20/android-tv-boxes-flash-tutorials-tool/
If you have problems or need support, you can use our forum.androidtvbox.eu. Together we will find a solution.
Source: blog geekbuying
Discussion about this post