We have good news, there is a new firmware for KM8 P TV Box (update 20170411). This is a big plus for the manufacturer responsible for this small TV Box, and this is a good news for all who choose to purchase KM8 P TV Box powered by Amlogic S912 with Android 7.1. If someone has not yet decided or are planning to buy, KM8 P Android TV Box is available on Gearbest in three versions:
- KM8 P with 1GB RAM / 8GB ROM for $35.99
- KM8 P with 2GB RAM / 8GB ROM for $60.06
- KM8 P with 2GB RAM / 16GB ROM for $66.21
For those who have not yet had an opportunity to look at the KM8P TV Box remind its specification:
- CPU – Amlogic S912 octa-core ARM Cortex A53 processor @ up to 2.0GHz
- GPU – ARM Mali-820MP3 @ up to 750MHz
- Memory – 1GB DDR3 / 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB / 16GB eMMC flash and micro SD slot up to 128GB
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a, AV
- Audio Output – HDMI, AV (stereo)
- Video codecs – VP9-10/ and H.265 up to [email protected], H.264, WMV, MPEG-1/2/4, VC-1, AVS, and RealVideo up to [email protected]
- Connectivity – Ethernet, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ 2.4G
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Misc – IR receiver
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 9.70 x 9.70 x 1.70 cm
- Weight – 90g
New firmware (SD upgrade, OTA .zip file) for KM8 P TV Box with Amlogic S912 (20170411) can be downloaded here. No information about the changes.
HOW TO make upgrading with TF CARD (A or B trick):
- copy all the 4 files into TF card(format first)
- go to km8 p apps–update
- click and choose the zip file, and upgrading
- then the box will make upgrading
- format TF Card and copy all the 4 files into TF Card, and put the TF into the TF Slot of the box.
- there is a hole on the front top of the cabinet, find a clipper and press it.
- power on box, not release the cliper when you see a robot logo on the tv screen
- then take away the clipper and let the box do upgrading.