Chinese TV box maker CSQ has launched a new device that’s as much a mini desktop computer as it is a TV box. The CSQ CSW9 is a 6″x 6″ x 1.5″ computer with an Intel Celeron J1900 quad-core processor and support for Windows or Android software.
It’s available from AliExpress for about $200 and up.
Note that while the product descriptions generally call the CSW9 a “Dual OS” device, that’s not the same as saying it’s a dual boot machine. It’s not clear if it comes with Windows and Android both pre-loaded… and if it does have Windows pre-installed, it’s not clear that it’s a licensed copy of Windows. Still, the CSW9 certainly has the hardware to support Windows 8.1 or other operating systems designed to run on computers with x86 chips.
The Celeron J1900 processor is 10 watt processor that’s a more powerful cousin to the Intel Atom Bay Trail chips found in a number of cheap Windows tablet, notebook, and desktop computers. This chip offers higher performance, higher clock speeds, and support for up to 8GB of RAM… although the CSW9 ships with just 2GB.
CSQ CSW9 specifications:
- SoC – Intel Celeron J1900 Quad core processor @ 2.0 GHz (base) / 2.41 GHz (Burst) with Intel HD graphics (10W TDP)
- System Memory – 2 GB DDR3L (Apparently SO-DIMM, so it might be upgradeable?)
- Storage – 2.5″ 500GB SATA hard drive + micro SD card slot + optional 32GB to 128GB eMMC flash
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4a + VGA
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet (Gigabit Ethernet as option?), 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
- Audio – Realtek ALC269 HD audio codec, 1x headphone jack
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x USB 3.0 port.
- Misc – IR receiver, power button, and power LED
- Power Supply – 19V/2.1A
- Battery – 2,000 mAh (only claimed by one seller)
- Dimensions – 153.4 x 153.4 x 38 mm
- Weight – 440 grams