Smartwatches market flourishes. Manufacturers outdo each other in inventing design and functionality. Motorola, Huawei, LG are manufacturers who have a large market share smartwatches. Their group has a chance to join a chinese manufacturer Bluboo.
Bluboo (Shenzhen Huihua Exploit Technology Co., Ltd) launches the first model smartwatch dedicated sports enthusiasts called as the Bluboo Xwatch. The watch looks pretty good, given its round face and will most likely come with interchangeable straps.
Bluboo team writes: “Bluboo Xwatch is the real sports smartwatch. Besides of heart rate sensor, Xwatch has GPS, altimiter and barometer. There are necessary parts for a sports watch. According to what we know, Bluboo Xwatch is the first smartwatch specialized in t Android wear so far.”
1.3-inch 360 x 360 once display that Bluboo say is better than the screen on the Moto 360 and similar to the panel found on the Huawei Watch. The Bluboo Wearable is confirmed to run Android Wear which will run on a 1.2Ghz Mediatek MT2601 chipset and 512mb RAM. For those of you who like to keep a little music on your watch then you will be happy to learn the Xwatch has 4GB internal memory.
- SoC – Mediatek MT2601 dual core ARM Cortex A7 @ 1.2GHz
- GPU – ARM Mali-400 MP
- Memory – 512Mb RAM
- Storage – 4GB flash
- Display – 1.3″ round muti-touch display with 360×360 resolution (allegedly better than MOTO 360, and close to Huawei Watch)
- Connectivity – Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Sensors – Barometer, cardiotachometer (better known as an heart rate monitor…), altimeter
- Battery – 480mAh polymer battery (battery life information is not available at this stage)
- Dimensions – 9.8 mm thickness (vs 11.4mm for MOTO 360, and 10.5mm for Apple Watch)
Below, a video of which recorded Charbax (armdevices.net) during Hong Kong Global Sources Exhibitions 2015 which you can see Bluboo Xwatch (mockup). Factory price will be $79.99 (MOQ), while the retail price have not been decided yet. Soon more information will be found on the Bluboo’s product page.