Recently, we wrote about new Amlogic’s chipsets, on the occasion of the reference boards presented by Amlogic team during IBC 2018. We informed you about the new SoC from Amlogic, among other things Amlogic S905X2. Although S905X2 SoC is fairly new, the manufacturers have put new TV Boxes with the new S905X2 SoC. On Gearbest store you can find one of the first TV Boxes powered by the new SoC called X96 MAX. The X96 MAX TV Box powered by Amlogic S905X2 is now available at presale for $64.99 + free shipping (4GB RAM/64GB eMMC).
The X96 MAX Android TV Box is also available in configuration with 2GB RAM / 16GB eMMC ($45.99), as well as 4GB RAM / 32GB eMMC ($55.99). Some of you have probably noticed the similarity of design to the X96 Mini TV Box with Amlogic S905W SoC. New X96 MAX TV Box in addition to the new Amlogic S905X2 quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0 GHz with Mali-G31 MP2 “Dvalin” GPU supports dual-band AC WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0 and Gigabit Ethernet, neural networks API, and runs on Android 8.1 (pure, not Android TV). The front panel has LED digital display. Below specifications.
X96 MAX TV Box Specifications:
- CPU – Amlogic S905X2 quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0 GHz
- GPU – Mali-G31 MP2 “Dvalin” GPU
- Memory – 2GB LPDDR4 or 4GB LPDDR4
- Storage – 16GB eMMC / 32GB eMMC or 64GB eMMC
- External Storage – micro SD card slot
- OS – Android 8.1
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a output with HDR, AV port (composite)
- Video Codecs – VP9 Profile-2 up to 4K 60fps, 10-bit H.265 up to 4K 60fps, AVS2-P2 up to 4K 60fps, H.264/AVC up to 4K 30fps, H.264 MVC up to 1080p60, MPEG-4 ASP up to 1080p60 (ISO-14496), etc..
- Audio Output – HDMI, AV, optical S/PDIF
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB 2.0 port
- Misc – IR receiver, IR expansion port, front panel display, LEDs
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 10 x 10 x 1.70 cm
- Weight – 150g
In the package you will find: TV Box, IR Remote Control, English Manual, HDMI Cable and Power Adapter. Currently the X96 MAX TV Box with the new S905X2 SoC is available for $64.99 (strong specification with 4GB RAM DDR4 and 64GB eMMC), it is not an exorbitant price for the specification with the new SoC, the successor of the popular Amlogic S905X SoC, plus USB 3.0, Gigabit Ethernet and Dual Band 802.11ac WiFi, what more could you want. Of course, other X96 MAX TV Box configurations are also available at attractive prices.