Zidoo X9 another Android TV box powered by Mstar MSO9810 that also comes with an HDMI input port, but this time, they’ve implemented a PVR function, so if you have a low end satellite, cable, or terrestrial receiver, you can connect it to Zidoo X9 and record programs, which makes it much more useful.
Zidoo Z9 specifications:
- SoC – Mstar MSO9180D1R quad core Cortex A9 processor up to 1.5GHz with octa-core ARM Mali-450MP6 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash + micro SD slot
- Video Output / Input – HDMI output up to 4K, HDMI input with PVR and Time Shifting support, and AV port (Composite + stereo audio)
- Audio I/O – HDMI Out and In, AV, and optical S/PDIF
- (Main) Video Codecs – H265, VC-1, WMV-HD, MPEG1/2/4 up to 4Kx2K, etc..
- Audio Codec – MP3, AAC, AC3, DTS-HD Master, TrueHD 7.1 pass-through, etc…
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, Dual band 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi (MT7632 module), Bluetooth 4.0. Dual external antennas.
- USB – 1x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0 host ports.
- Misc – ON/OFF switch, reset pinhole, LCD display on front panel
- Power Supply – N/A
- Dimensions – 187 x 127 x 27 mm (aluminum enclosure)
It looks very similar to Kaiboer F5, but they’ve added dual bad Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0, and I understand the firmware is completely different.
The device runs Android 4.4.2 with Google Play Store, a custom version of XBMC optimized for Mstar MSO9810, and an interesting user interface called ZIUI. If you are mainly interested in HDMI in function, jump to 5:49, where you’ll see the configuration menu for PVR function that allows to record in HD, VGA, FHD resolution and MP4 or TS container, and specific the starting date/time. H.264 is used to encode the video, and you can choose the recording path, for example on SD card or USB hard drive.
Zidoo X9 is available on Amazon for $129 + free shipping. You may be able to find more information on ZidooX9 product page, and ask questions on the Forums.
Discussion about this post