Media streamers are all the rage, giving you quick access to a wealth of online content. ZIDOO’s newest X1 II is one of the cheapest around and while it increased 70% performance and improved 120% the ablity of decoding than ZIDOO X1. As you can see, ZIDOO team is not idle and will soon launch a new ZIDOO X1 II TV Box powered by new SoC Rockchip RK3229. For those who are not familiar with the new SoC from Rockchip. Rockchip RK3229 is a low cost 4K SoC supports 10-bit H.265 up to 4K @ 60 fps and 10-bit H.264 and VP9 up to 4K @ 30 fps. The X1 II TV Box will be available to buy from Amazon in weeks later.
Now in its second generation, ZIDOO X1 II will go on with classic design of X1,while it stabler and have extremely strong decoding ability.
ZIDOO X1 II full specifications:
- CPU – Rockchip 3229 ARM Quad-core Cortex-A7 processor @ 1.5 GHz
- GPU – ARM Mali-400MP2
- Memory – 1GB DDR3
- OS – Android 4.4
- Storage – 8GB eMMC + SD card slot up to 32GB
- Video Output – Standard HDMI female v2.0，Support 4K@60fps Support HD Audio(7.1CH)
- Audio Output – HDMI and coaxial S/PDIF
- Video Format – DAT/MPEG/MPE/MPG/TS/TP/VOB/MP4/MOV/3GP/FLV/ISO/M2TS/BDISO/BDMV/WMV/WMA
- Video codec – Relal-time video decoder of MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.263, H.264, H.265, VC-1, VP8, VP9, MVC, H.265(HEVC) 10bit: 4K2K@60fps(Up to 200 Mbps), H.264 10bit up to HP level 5.1: 4K2K@30fps(Up to 250 Mbps), 4K 8-bit VP9 @ 30 fps (Up to 200 Mbps)
- Connectivity – 100Mbps Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi
- Interfaces – 1x TF card reader SD card interface . Support 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB, 2x USB 2.0 port, 1x IR receiver, 1x Composite video and audio port , 1x S/SPDIF (2CH, 5.1CH)
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Other – IR receiver, yellow color
- Dimensions – 12.6 x 11.8 x 3.6 cm
- Weight – N/A
- In the box: TV Box, Romote control, HDMI cable , Power adapter (EU/UK/US/AU), User manual
Of course, there will be well-known features from other ZIDOO models, such as:
- Unified Storage – ZIDOO X1 II original firmware uses unified storage,more available space than other device,you can install more applications
- PMU – PMU power management chip, ZIDOO X1 II can achieve completely switch IR control and dormancy function
- Customized ZDMC – ZDMC(based upon Kodi) support Hardware decoding ZIDOO X1 II Pro offers 4K*2K HEVC 10bit UHD video playback, support 4K@60fps, support HD Audio(7.1CH) passthroug
- ZIUI – ZIDOO launcher
- Zidoo Media Center – Simple to operate album, manage files, play music, access to LAN
- Hapy Cast – Airplay,airmirror,DLNA,miracast,zidoo rc,google remote all in one
- ZIDOO RC – smartphone app for Android
- IR Shortcut and learning – IR remote with progrmmable keys offers a great easy way to control
Why ZIDOO X1 II (2nd generation ZIDOO X1): “Customers tell us they want an easy and flexible streaming experience that allows them to watch what they want and how they want, without the worry of decoding limits. They want the convenience of a set-top box that gives them access various source of movies. Our Zidoo X1 II adopt a new chip Rk3229 , will offer H.265 10bit hardware decoding and 4K@60fps decoding. If the Zidoo X1 II lives up to its promises, Zidoo will have managed to meet the needs of most of the custmers” – said Roc He,Marketing manager at ZIDOO.
Currently ZIDOO X1 II is available in presale on GeekBuying for $49 + free shipping (Presell Product Lead-time: 2016-03-18) – MSRP of ZIDOO X1 II is $59.00/pc.
ZIDOO company also organizing a giveaway on Facebook where the 10 people who get the most referrals with their “lucky” link will win a Zidoo X1 II.