The ZIDOO NEO Alpha (α) is the upcoming yet another 4K Hi-End media player from ZIDOO. NEO series in which we can find NEO X and NEO S media players dedicated to audiophiles will now be expanded with the NEO Alpha model. ZIDOO NEO α(Alpha) looks even more elegant and stylish, has 430 standard dimensions, the well-known 5-inch OLED touch display, and 512GB M.2 SSD (up to 1TB) for local media storage.
ZIDOO, the brand has already got us used to 4K Hi-End media players. Another media player from the NEO series also has the design and workmanship we’ve seen in previous models. First of all, the whole housing has a metal design with wonderful craftsmanship. On the front 5-inch OLED HD touch display, breathing light surrounds the knob. There are anti-seismic footpads under the aluminum chassis (430 x 300 x 105mm).
Inside we find the same Realtek RTD1619DR ARM Cortex-A55 (Hexa-core) chipset with ARM Mali-G51 MP3. RTD1619DR SoC supports 4K 60Hz, HDR (HDR10/HLG/HDR10+/Dolby Vision), 12Bit, BT.2020 wide color range, and YCbCr 4:4:4. NEO Alpha comes with 4GB RAM DDR and 32GB eMMC storage.
In addition, this time the device was equipped with 512GB M.2 SSD storage via M.2 SATA 3.0 2280 interface (up to 1TB). Besides, the ZIDOO NEO Alpha has an internal SATA3.0 HDD bay (support 2.5 / 3.5 inch HDD, up to 18T). There are 2 HDMI ports for NEO α(Alpha). HDMI 2.0a main output can output audio and video signals to 4K TV, projectors, and A/V receiver. The other HDMI port(Audio/DSD) is designed to output audio signals only. Below you will find the most important features of the upcoming NEO Alpha media player.
ZIDOO NEO Alpha 4K Hi-End Media Player Features
- XMOS 216+ESS9038Pro DAC hardware decoding,DSD512/PCM768KHz 32Bit and MQA.
- Dual power supplies, linear power supply and digital power supply.
- Support DSD (SACD ISO, DSF, DFF), WAV, FLAC, APE lossless audio formats and multi-sampling seamless playback.
- High-performance Bluetooth decoding with Qualcomm flagship QCC5125 module, support APTX HD, LDAC audio reception.
- 6.35 headphone jack, two gain modes switching, the internal headphone amp can drive 16-300 Ω high impedance headphone.
- Multi-stage operation amplifier, fully balanced circuit design, XLR balanced and RCA output.
- Support asynchronous USB DAC input, monitor-level sound card performance, compatible with Windows, MAC, IOS, Android.
- XMOS XU216, MQA full decoding and dual femtosecond active crystal oscillator.
- Rigorous circuit design, manufacturing process and selected components.
- Based on Linux video decoding and output framework to output image quality with high reproduction.
- Support almost all Dolby vision formats and complete processing for stunning image quality.
- VS10 engine supports content mapping and colors similar with Dolby vision, the image quality is greatly improved.
- Poster wall management system supports automatic intelligent scanning, custom classification and movie info management.
- Gigabit wired network and 2.4G+5G dual-band 802.11 AC 2T2R 867Mbps WiFi.
- CD-ROM playback and CD Ripping are supported. It can connect with BD (non-encrypted)/CD discs.
- New Music Player supports personalized configuration, lyrics matching and track data matching.
- Support streaming services AirPlay, DLNA, Spotify and Roon Ready etc.
- Support Optical and Coaxial audio input and USB Audio Native, Optical, HDMI digital audio bit-perfect output.
- Support multiple network protocols such as NFS, SMB v1/v2/v3, UPnP and Web DAV.
- SMB sharing allow to transmit local media files.
As you can see, the new ZIDOO NEO Alpha offers a lot and will certainly appeal to demanding users.
Availability and price
We have no information about availability at the moment. Certainly, we will have to wait a long time before NEO Alpha appears on the market. As was the case with the previous ZIDOO NEO series models. We will let you know as soon as we have new information. Meanwhile, we encourage you to read the features and specifications of the upcoming ZIDOO NEO Alpha on the product page.