This time ZIDOO brand has prepared not a typical TV Box, but a Mini PC based on development board. ZIDOO M6 is a new Mini PC AI Smart Box based on single-board computer powered by Rockchip RK3566 SoC
The new ZIDOO M6, in addition to the typical features of displaying 4K video content and home entertainment, can be used for more advanced projects. Hence the presence of the Rockchip RK3566 AI chipset, which offers many possibilities. Nevertheless, we know the single board computer based on the RK3566 SoC from Firefly’s products, including ROC-RK3566-PC, or closed in a housing – Station M2 Geek PC.
Of course, this is not the only device of this type in the ZIDOO portfolio. Previously, you could see similar ZIDOO M9 (based on RK3399 SoC), also SBC for more advanced use. However, it is worth taking a closer look at the features and optional components that can be used in the ZIDOO M6 to implement various projects.
ZIDOO M6 Mini PC Overview Features
First of all, the ZIDOO M6 has an aesthetic aluminum housing, which is slightly larger compared to Station M2 (measures 166*102.5*32mm). On the other hand, we find inside a mini computer based on the mentioned RK3566 SoC.
Rockchip RK3566 SoC (Quad-core 64-bit Cortex-A55, 22nm lithography process, frequency up to 1.8GHz) has three co-processors integrated. Dual-core GPU, high-performance VPU, and high-efficiency NPU. ZIDOO’s RK3566 mini computer supports up to 8GB RAM and and Full Link ECC, up to 128GB flash storage. Device supports HDMI 2.0, MIPI DSI video interfaces, Wifi 6 802.11ax, Gigabit Ethernet, and more. As we mentioned, the development board can be extended with optional components depending on the usage scenario. PCIe port can easily switch between 5G and 4G LTE modules. Besides, there is a built-in ISP in M6 processor which supports up to 8M image processing capabilities. More details on the M6 product page.
The additional ZIDOO M6 RK3566 mini computer supports various systems such as Android 11.0, Ubuntu 18.04, Buildroot, QT, Station OS (Firefly Geek System). You can find more in the specification below.
ZIDOO M6 Mini PC AI Smart Box Specifiation (full here):
- SoC – Rockchip RK3566 with a quad-core Cortex-A55 processor @ up to 1.8GHz. Arm Mali-G52 2EE GPU with support for OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0/3.2. OpenCL 2.0. Vulkan 1.1, 0.8 TOPS AI accelerator, 4K H.265/H.265/VP9 video decoder, 1080p100 H.265/H.264 video encoder.
- Memory – 2GB or 4GB LPDDR4 (8GB optional)
- Storage – 32GB or 64GB (128GB eMMC optional), MicroSD card socket
- Video Output – 1x HDMI port up to 4Kp60
- Audio – 3.5mm headphone jack, digital audio output via HDMI
- Networking – Gigabit Ethernet port, dual-band 802.11b/g/n/ac/ax WiFi 6, and Bluetooth 5.0
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 port, 1x USB 2.0 OTG
- Extension Ports – LVDS, MIPI CSI, I2C, UART, ADC, GPIO, PCIe, I2S 1 * MIPI-CIF Camera, 1 * eDp , MIC, VFD, Speaker Microphone Array, 1 * MIPI DSI Support 1920*[email protected] output (or dual channel1 × MIPI DSI 2560*[email protected]), G-Sensor Come with TCON-EBC
- Power Supply – 5V via USB Type-C port
- Dimensions – 166*102.5*32mm (device)/ 158*95*1.6mm (main board)
- Temperature Range – Operating: -10°C to 60°C, storage: -20°C to 70°C
- Humidity – 10% to 80%
Availability and Price
At the moment, we have no information on availability and price. If anything changes, we’ll let you know. For the moment, we encourage you to familiarize yourself with the ZIDOO M6 on the product page.
Discussion about this post