If you’ve been eagerly awaiting the enhanced offerings of ATSC 3.0 NextGen TV, including the likes of 4K resolution, improved audio quality, advanced weather alerts, and an array of other features, your wait is over. Introducing the ZapperBox M1, a cutting-edge NextGen TV ATSC 3.0 OTA TV tuner equipped with 4K HDR support and a comprehensive channel guide. With the ZapperBox M1, you now possess the essential tool to fully capitalize on the ATSC 3.0 experience. By seamlessly connecting this device to your antenna and television in an ATSC 3.0-compatible region, you gain instant access to the complete spectrum of benefits that NextGen TV brings to the table. That’s not all, the Zapperbox tuner now has DVR (Digital Video Recorder) capabilities.
Unlock the Full Potential of NextGen TV with ZapperBox’s New DVR Functionality
The ZapperBox has recently undergone an upgrade (v2.0 and OS version is 230322), introducing an integrated DVR functionality that can be activated with the addition of external storage. This innovation positions it among the limited options for DVR capabilities in the realm of ATSC 3.0 NextGen TV. One minor caveat is the requirement for a subscription to access the 14-day guide data
Highlighted below are the official release notes outlining the new DVR features on the ZapperBox
BTW, the ZapperBox M1 is conveniently available for purchase on Amazon with Single Tuner and Dual Tuner. Besides, Zupperbox NextGen TV media player can be found on the official website.
v2.0 DVR Beta (Aug 2-4)
* DVR features of this release are in beta. We will keep releasing frequent updates as usual.
* v2.0 will force a reformat of the storage device. DVR and pause/play will not work without a reformat.
* The DVR beta features in this release require a subscription to 14-day guide data.
* The next release v2.1 will enable DVR use without a subscription.
* DVR features require a minimum storage capacity of 128 GB.
- DVR, Live TV and Record buttons have been enabled on the remote control.
- Scheduled recordings
- Recurring recordings
- Conflict management
- Record from search menu
- List of recordings for playback
- Delete and undelete recordings
- Show free and used storage space
- List historical logs of all recordings
Upcoming v2.1 Release (Aug 28-30)
- Manual recordings without a subscription
- Group list of recorded shows by title.
ZapperBox on the horizon has more DVR enhancements, including:
- Edit scheduled recordings
- Show channel logos in grid guides
- Add rich meta data like posters
- Multiple ways to categorize recordings like series, genre, etc.
- Add support for multiple storage devices
- Backup entire storage device
- Save and restore channel maps and DVR settings to/from storage device