The X96 Link is a 2 -in-1 device, and it is precisely a combination of Android TV Box and router. This type of device solves the problem of the number of devices and space.
Availability and price
The X96 Link TV Box now is available on Gearbest store at Flash Sale for $42.99
As you can see in the photo above, the device looks like a TV Box, but it has all external interfaces like a typical router. The X96 Link TV Box has WAN Port and 2x LAN Gigabit network ports.
What’s also interesting is that the TV Box is powered by the low-cost Amlogic S905W and Siflower SF16A18 chip which is responsible for the typical router’s functions. As you can guess, the S905W SoC is responsible for the known features associated with the TV Box. X96 Link TV Box runs on Android 7.1.2. Inside the device we will find 2GB RAM and 16GB eMM for data. The device has 2 external antennas and supports dual band 802.11ac WiFi 2T2R (433Mbps). The TV Box has 4 USB 2.0 ports. More details below.
X96 Link specifications
- CPU – Amlogic S905W quad-core Arm Cortex-A53 processor
- GPU – Penta-core Mali-450MP GPU
- Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash, MicroSD card slot
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 2.0a port up to 4K @ 60 Hzm AV port for composite video and stereo audio
- Video Decoding – 4K H.265 up to 60 fps, 4K VP9 up to 60 fps, 4K H.264 up to 30 fps
- Router SoC – Siflower SF16A18 dual-core MIPS InterAptiv processor @ 1.2 GHz + 64MB RAM
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet (WAN) port shared between Amlogic and Siflower processors
- 2x 10/100M Ethernet (LAN) ports via Siflower processor
- Dual-band 802.11b/g/n/b/ac WiFi 5 MU-MIMO up to 150 Mbps (2.4 GH0z) and 433 Mbps (5 GHz) via Siflower processor
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 ports
- Misc – IR receiver; 4x LEDs for WiFi, WAN, and LAN
- Power Supply – 12V/2A
- Dimensions – 16.45 x 10.95 x 2.50 cm
- Weight – 245 grams
As we wrote at the beginning, the combination of a router and TV Box (or vice versa) is a solution not for everyone. However, people who want to have 2 devices in one “box” (do not want to buy separate devices) will definitely decide on this solution.