Amlogic S905L2 SoC is a chipset that recently appeared on the TV Boxes available on Aliexpress called X7 TV Box.
Amlogic S905L SoC (System on Chip) from Amlogic appeared at the end of August 2016. The S905L2 SoC, on the other hand, seems to be an upgraded version of the S905L SoC, which is based on the same chipset with minor changes. We don’t have much information about the S905L2 SoC at the moment.
Previously the Amlogic S905L SoC we could find in the Xiaomi Mi Box, will the new S905L2 chipset appear in the new Xiaomi Mi Boxes? it’s hard to say. However, the likely differences from the previous one may be that while the S905L supports only up to 2GB RAM, the S905L2 can handle up to 4GB.
X7 TV Box powered by S905L2 SoC
X7 TV Box specifications:
- Amlogic S905L2 quad-core Cortex-A53 with Arm Mali-450 MP GPU
- System Memory – 2 or 4GB DDR3
- Storage – 16GB or 32GB flash storage
- Video Output – HDMI up to 4Kp60 with HDR support, and AV port
- Video Decoding – 4K H.265, H.264
- Networking – 10/100M Ethernet and dual-band 802.11b/g/n WiFi 4
- USB – 2x USB ports
- Power Supply – TBD
- Dimensions – 105 x 105 x 12 mm
The device ships with a power adapter, an IR remote control, an HDMI cable, and a user manual. X7 TV Box now is available at Aliexpress for $21.92