WeTek Play is an Android media player that comes with a digital TV tuner. Older Amlogic AML8726-MX processor used in the box, it could still be recommended for watching live TV, with featuring like PVR, TimeShifting and EPG working reasonably well. At launch however, WeTek Play was only available with DVB-S2 or DVB-C/T/T2 tuners, so North American did not have the option to watch free-to-air digital TV on the box. This has now been resolved, as the company has launched Wetek Play with an ATSC tuner.
- SoC – Amlogic AML8726-MX dual core Cortex A9 @ 1.5GHz with a dual core Mali-400MP GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 4 GB NAND flash + 1x micro SD slot
- Video Output – HDMI, AV (CVBS + R/L audio)
- Audio Output – HDMI, AV, and optical S/PDIF
- Tuner – ATSC tuner with two antenna connectors
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi , and Bluetooth 4.0 (AP6210)
- USB – 3x external USB 2.0 ports, 2x internal USB 2.0 ports (used by anti-copy USB token, and RF dongle for remote)
- Debugging – Serial debug port
- Misc – IR receiver, 3 LEDs for power, Ethernet and Wi-Fi, RS-232 port for serial console.
- Power – 12V/1.5A
This version also support Android 4.2 (internal flash) or OpenELEC 5.0 (SD card).
WeTek Play with ATSC or other tuners can be purchased on WeTek website, and it seems the price may have gone down, as it is now listed as $106.11 / 89.34 Euros instead of 109 Euros last month, but it’s just because they don’t include VAT by default now, since it does not apply to countries outside the European Union.