Another new TV Box which together with WeTek Hub was unveiled yesterday at CABSAT 2016 in Dubai called WeTek Play 2S.
New WeTek Play 2S has 2GB RAM (WeTek Play 2 has 1GB) and 16GB storage (WeTek Play 2 has 8GB), an mSATA slot, and the best media center remote in the market, in addition to the standard media controls and airmouse, the Play2 RCU has full QWERTY keyboard, microphone, and stereo headphone jack. Also comes with a DVB-C/T/T2, DVB-S2 and ATSC ready for supporting 4K H.265 10-bits. WeTek Play 2S also has a Dual Boot and runs on Android 5.1.1 and OpenELEC.
WeTek Play 2S specifications:
- CPU – Amlogic S905-H Revision C Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0GHz
- GPU – Mali-450MP GPU – Penta-Core @ 750 MHz
- Memory – 2 GB DDR3
- Storage – 16 GB eMMC 5.0 Flash memory – Samsung + micro SD card slot + mSATA slot
- OS – Dual boot Android Lollipop 5.1.1 / OpenELEC, Ubuntu optional
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K @ 60Hz with HDCP 2.2 support, and AV port
- Audio – HDMI, AV (stereo), optical S/PDIF
- TV Tuners – Support DVB-S2, DVB-C/T/T2, ATSC tuners
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0
- Interfaces – USB: 2x USB 2.0 host ports (external), 2x internal USB 2.0 ports, micro SD card slot, Microphone and Headphone jack, mSATA connector for internal SSD, RS-232 port (TBC), DC jack
- Google Widevine , Microsoft Playready + HDCP.
- 1080p DRM video streaming Apps such as Netflix (confirmation needed)
- Dolby and DTS Licences
- 10-bit [email protected] HEVC decoding.
- HD Audio Passthrough
- 6-Axis IR/RF Remote control
The WeTek Play 2S will be available in 2nd quarter. It’s not over yet CABSAT and WeTek probably will show us a new device. We think so, because we have a brochure WeTek models (picture appeared on the forum kodi).
Source: forum kodi