Chinese tablet maker Voyo is getting into the mini PC space with the launch of an Intel Bay Trail-powered desktop with Windows 8.1 software.
Most mini PCs powered by Intel Atom Z3735F “Bay Trail-T” processor on the market only come with 16 to 32GB internal storage, but Voyo mini PC dominates among the competitors (such as Mele PCG03, Ainol mini PC or Pipo x7) because it has 64GB storage.
Voyo mini PC measures 12.6 cm wide and 1.2 cm high and comes in several colors: blue, pink, green, yellow or white. The great strength of this proposal probably lies in this integration and this tiny size, what position this Voyo mini PC to any office in confidence.
Three USB 2.0 full sized ports are arranged on the side and the rear side of the machine. A MicroUSB port is used to power the machine 5V and 2A, the display will be via an HDMI. Stereo audio jack used to listen to music.
- SoC – Intel Atom Z3735F “Bay Trail” quad core processor @ 1.33 GHz (Bust freq: 1.83 GHz) with Intel HD graphics
- System Memory – 2 GB DDR3
- Storage – 64 GB eMMC + SD card slot (up to 128 GB)
- Video Output – mini HDMI 1.4 (Does not support 4K video)
- Audio Output – mini HDMI, and 3.5mm audio jack
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 host, 1x micro USB for power
- Misc – Power Button, power LED
- Battery – 1,000 mAh battery
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 126 x 126 x 12 mm
- Weight – 140 grams
The package include the mini PC, a power adapter, and a user’s manual. That means you’ll need to purchase a mini HDMI cable to use the device, if you don’t have one already. Specifications claim support for 4K video output via HDMI, but they probably mean 4K video decoding (up to 30fps) and output to 1080p.
Voyo mini PC is very light, so it’s likely there’s not much for cooling, and playing high framerate / bitrate videos may lead to throttling in Kodi. The computer is pre-loaded with Windows 8.1 with Bing.