Other MT8685 from UTStarcom based quad core set-top boxes such as MC8685A and MC8685B, CNXSoft writes – weird/funny/intriguing/futuristic game console STB powered by Nvidia Tegra K1 quad core cortex A15 processor named MC8718.
UTStarcom MC8718 specifications:
- SoC – Nvidia Tegra K1 quad core Cortex A15r3 processor @ 2.3 GHz with Kepler GPU
- System Memory – 2GB RAM
- Storage – 16GB internal storage + micro SD card slot
- Video and Audio Output – HDMI 1.4b up to 4K @ 30Hz
- Video Decode – H.264, MPEG-4, etc..
- Audio Decode – MP3, AAC, optional Dolby and DTS, etc..
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, Dual band 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – USB 2.0 interface
- Misc – IR receiver
- Power Supply – 5V
The company claims support for TegraZone and Shield games, as well as PC streaming, and cloud gaming. An optional gamepad can also be provided. The box is said to run a customized version of Android 4.4.
MC8718 does not seem to be selling online right now, and pricing has not been disclosed. UTStarcom is a large Chinese company, part of Fortune 1000, and even listed on the Nasdaq, but somehow none of the set-top boxes listed on their products page appear to be mentioned anywhere.