Unuiga (Great Harmony Electronics Industrial Limited) introduces a new TV Box model called Unuiga MXQ R9.Unuiga brand probably most of you will remember from the TV Box model with built-in 3G modem called U49-2R and also recently we wrote about Unuiga U41-6A Android TV Box.
Today we want to show you the new TV Box from Unuiga. The MXQ R9 TV Box is equipped with a new Rockchip 3229 processor (which was shown at CES 2016), 1GB DDR3 and 16GB Nand Flash. TV Box has a Fast Ethernet 10/100Mbps, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0 and runs on Android 4.4. The MXQ R9 TV Box support 4K 10-bit H.265 video playback, also has Kodi 15.2. Rockchip RK3229 is an affordable processor that is compared to Amlogic S805 because it also has a 1.5Ghz quad core, but Cortex–A7processor. And most importantly, unlike the S805, RK3229 supports 4K UHD @ 60fps HW decoding.
MXQ R9 Android TV Box specifications:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3229 quad core ARM Cortex A7 processor @ 1.5 GHz
- GPU – ARM Mali-400MP2
- Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB NAND flash + SD card slot up to 32GB
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 (with HDCP 2.2) up to 4K2K @ 60 fps, and 3.5mm AV output (composite)
- Audio Output – HDMI, AV, and coaxial S/PDIF
- Connectivity – 100Mbps Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi
- Interfaces – 4x USB 2.0 host ports, 1 x RJ45 LAN, DC jack, SD Card slot, AV port, Optical S/SPDIF
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 11.8*11.8*2.5cm
- Weight – 0.7kg
Full specs here
Specifications familiar from the MXQ 4K device, moreover, differs only in name. In the package you will find: IR remote control, HDMI cable, Power adapter and a user manual. Below a screenshot of the main screen.