UGOOS UT8 is the announced new Android TV Box from the UGOOS brand. This time, UGOOS decided to design a new set-top-box powered by the efficient Rockchip RK3568 chipset. Despite unveiling a few features, the upcoming UT8 Android TV Box should interest you.
What can we find in the new UGOOS UT8?
Apart from the fact that UGOOS UT8 is coming soon, we know its important features. First of all, the new UT8 Android TV Box will be powered by Rockchip RK3568 SoC quad-core 64-bit Cortex-A55 processor, that has frequency up to 2.0GHz.
That’s right, the RK3568 SoC is the chipset that was used in Firefly’s Station P2 Mini PC / Geek PC. The RK3568 AI chipset integrated co-processors (GPU, VPU, NPU), and in addition to the video playback features (up to 4K @ 60fps), it is great for development projects.
Device also has ARM Mali-G52 2EE GPU that support for OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0/3.2, OpenCL 2.0, Vulkan 1.1, 0.8 TOPS NPU for AI acceleration, 4Kp60 H.265/H.264/VP9 video decoding, and 1080p100 H.265/H.264 video encoding. The features of the chipset can be found below.
UGOOS UT8 will probably be delivered in several versions. However, in the strongest version it will have 8GB RAM LPDDR4 and 64GB eMMC storage. Besides UT8 will be support a 802.11ax WiFi 6 MIMO, Gigabit Ethernet and certainly Bluetooth version 5.
Typical of UGOOS’s Android TV Box es, the UT8 TV Box also has two external antennas. Additionally, the device will be equipped with 3 USB 3.0 ports (like UGOOS AM7, check review). Besides, UT8 will probably run on Android 11. Soon as we have more information about new UGOOS UT8, we will inform you immediately.
Rockchip RK3568 SoC Main Features
- Powered by Rockchip RK3568 SoC quad-core 64-bit Cortex-A55 processor, with brand new ARM v8.2-A architecture, has frequency up to 2.0GHz
- Supports up to 8GB RAM, with up to 32Bit width and frequency up to 1600MHz, it supports all-data-link ECC
- Integrated with dual-core GPU, high-performance VPU and high-efficiency NPU. The GPU supports OpenGL ES3.2/2.0/1.1, Vulkan1.1. The VPU can achieve 4K 60fps H.265/H.264/VP9 video decoding and 1080P 100fps H.265/ H.264 video encoding. The NPU supports one-click switching of mainstream frameworks like Caffe/TensorFlow
- Supports 4K HDR vision, new video engine VPU can easily decode H.265/HEVC/VP9 4K HDR videos, supports 3840×2160@60Hz ultra-HD output and HDR10
- Supports Dual Gigabit Ethernet ports and WiFi 6 (802.11ax) wireless network, with the maximum bandwidth reaches 160MHz and the highest speed reaches 9.6Gbps
- The onboard M.2 PCIe3.0 and SATA3.0 interfaces can be connected with an M.2 NVMe SSD and a 2.5-inch SATA SSD/HDD respectively