In November the UGOOS company announced the launch of two new devices with Amlogic S905 – AM1 TV Box and AM2 Dongle. UGOOS yesterday announced the arrival soon of a new TV Box called UGOOS UT4 equipped with Rockchip RK3368. As you can see UGOOS company is not idle, and develops a line of its products.
RK3368 is a very popular chip, which supports H.265 video playback in hardware decoding and output true 4K resolution video 60fps through HDMI 2.0. So PCBA layout seems very similar to UT3s at first sight. But when you try to check all in details you see that only SoC with RAM, transformer, USB 2.0 hub and LAN Realtek chip (100M/1000M Base-T) stay almost on the same place. All other chip layout is different. So AV audio chip find a new place on board, location of Wi-Fi/Bluetooth moves closer to SoC and it’s place now is busy by NAND chip. Certainly Wi-Fi antenna moves with AP6335 chip too. It supports 2.4GHz/5GHz WiFi 802.11 b/g/n. Amount and layout of connectors are totally the same. Led lights, power and recovery buttons are also on the same places. Bottom side shows us another two RAM chip with 512 Mb each (in 4Gb RAM version they will be replaced by 1Gb each).
UGOOS UT4 technical specifications:
- CPU – Rockchip RK3368 Octa Core up to 1.5GHz (Cortex-A53 64bit) (DVFS)64bits
- Operating System – Android 5.1
- GPU – PowerVR SGX6110 up to 700MHz (DVFS),OpenGL ES3.1, OpenCLES3 and DirectX 9.3
- Memory – 2GB DDR3 (Optional: 4GB)
- Internal Storage – 16GB Nand Flash (Optional:8G/32G/) + MicroSD(TF) card，Max to 32GB
- Connectivity – 2.4GHz/5GHz WiFi 802.11 b/g/n (AP6335), Gigabit Ethernet (10M/100M/1000M), Bluetooth 4.0
- Video output – HDMI OUT(1.4 and 2.0 ) to support maximum [email protected]; output(HDCP2.2)
- HDMI Port – Standard HDMI female, v2.0 Support [email protected] Support HD Audio(7.1CH)
- Interfaces – 1xHDMI (A type Female): HDMI2.0, Support 4K×2K decode output, 4XUSB Host, 1xSPDIF, 1xTF Card, 1×3.5mm earphone Jack AV Out, 1xRJ45, 1xDC Jack, External WiFi antenna
- Power – DC 5V/3A
- Video decoder – HEVC/H.265 decoder by [email protected],Support up to 100Mbps bit rate, H.264 up to HP level 5.2 : [email protected] (4096×2304), MPEG-4 up to ASP level 5 : [email protected] (1920×1088), MPEG-2 up to MP : [email protected] (3840×2160), MPEG-1 up to MP : [email protected] (1920×1088), H.263 : [email protected] (720×576), Sorenson Spark : [email protected] (1920×1088), VC-1 up to AP level 3 : [email protected] (1920×1088), RV8/RV9/RV10 : [email protected] (1920×1088), VP6/VP8 : [email protected] (3840×2160), AVS : [email protected] (1920×1088), MVC : [email protected] (3840×2160), For AVS, 4:4:4 sampling not supported, For H.264, image cropping not supported, For MPEG-4, GMC(global motion compensation) not supported, For VC-1, upscaling and range mapping are supported in image post-processor, For MPEG-4 SP/H.263/Sorenson spark, using a modified H.264 in-loop filter to, implement deblocking filter in post-processor unit
- Dimensions – 115*115*20mm
Source: UGOOS Blog