UGOOS has recently unveiled updates for the forthcoming firmware v.1.1.5 that will be applicable to all TV Boxes’ families based on S905X4 SoC. These changes will be implemented in Ugoos AM7, Ugoos X4Q, and X4 families.
UGOOS is known for its huge portfolio of Android TV Boxes for which it provides regular firmware updates. This includes not just the newer X4Q series, which is powered by the S905X4 SoC, but also older models. It’s worth noting that the UGOOS AM7 and X4 families of TV Boxes also feature the Amlogic S905X4 SoC. BTW, the new X4Q series of TV Boxes are now available for purchase. Below are the modifications to expect in the upcoming firmware v.1.1.5.
Availability and price
- UGOOS X4Q Cube (2GB/16GB) for $84.99
- UGOOS X4Q Pro (4GB/32GB) for $104.99
- UGOOS X4Q Plus (4GB/64GB) for $119.99
What changes can we find in the upcoming firmware v.1.1.5 for Ugoos AM7, Ugoos X4Q, and X4 Families
- Added option to turn off always visible Bluetooth;
- Fixed Bluetooth remote controller connection lost after shutdown by air mouse;
- Fixed text input by mouse in settings;
- Fixed focus reset in application selection window;
- Fixed support of some applications;
- Changed screen saver and energy saver timers setting;
- Now one-shot timer always resets after any power action;
- Added framebuffer size setting;
- Changed logic of lock UI size option;
- Added font and density settings;
- Fixed rare bug when new audio passthrough track can’t be start;
- Fixed playback of FLAC and WAV audio tracks;
- Added PCM format setting for choose supported formats;
- Added AC3 decoder;
- Added USB audio settings;
- Some other changes for system stability.
UGOOS says that beta release is available for OTA update if you hit “get pre-release versions” option. As soon as the new firmware update is available in the official stable version, we will let you know. By the way, firmware v.1.1.4 can be found here.