Recently had the opportunity to see UGOOS AM1, which is to appear soon. Today we show you another announcement of a new device from Ugoos called UGOOS AM2 dongle (model will be similar to the already known Ugoos UM3) also with Amlogic S905. Ugoos on your own blog reveals some features that will have a an AM2 model.
Ugoos AM2 dongle has as Ugoos UM3 female HDMI connector to connect to the TV. AM2 has 2 USB A-type ports on board. HDMI 2.0 is on the narrow side, power connector (micro usb), AV Out jack 3.5 and IR-receiver are located on the opposite side. Ugoos AM2 uses Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware.
Ugoos AM2 dongle is different from AM1 arrangement of components on the PCB and its size, as well as the lack of LAN port (RJ45). The most common HDMI Sticks lacking RJ45 port, for connection we have Wi-Fi which is more than enough.
Ugoos AM2 specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S905
- CPU – 64bit Quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0GHz
- GPU – Penta core Mali-450MP GPU @ 750 MHz
- Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Internal Storage – 8GB NAND Flash (produced by Hynix) + SD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0
- Audio – AV
- Connectivity – 2.4GHz/5GHz WiFi 802.11 b/g/n and 802.11 a/c and Bluetooth 4.0 (Realtek 8723 module)
- Interfaces – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, HDMI 2.0, micro USB, AV Out jack 3.5, microSD card slot
- Misc – IR receiver
- Power Supply – DC 5V/3A
- Dimensions & Weight – N/A
Antutu benchmark test show similar with AM1 results (AM2 – 28219 points) and there is no unsupported codecs. We still have to to wait a bit before Ugoos officially unveil new models with Amlogic S905.