The S905W2 TV Boxes are starting to pop up like mushrooms after the rain. TX3 Mini Plus / TX3 Mini+ is an example of another and budget Android 11 TV Boxes, additionally powered by the S905W2 SoC. The Amlogic S905W2 SoC is a low cost chipset compared to the S905X4 SoC, while it supports AV1 decoding.
Availability and price
The new TX3 Mini+ / TX3 Mini Plus Android TV Box is available on Aliexpress from $29.51 (1GB/8GB and Wifi 2.4GHz) to $35.65 (2GB/16GB and Dual Band Wifi).
The TV Box in the “basic” version is shipped with IR Remote control, Power Supply, HDMI Cable and User Manual.
There are also versions equipped with voice remote control and other accessories. However, the price is correspondingly higher.
TX3 Mini+ / TX3 Mini Plus Overview Features
Probably the Tanix brand is responsible for the TX3 Mini +, as it was until then. The TX3 Mini Plus looks identical and has the same housing as the Tanix TX3 Mini. The TX3 Mini TV Box, which has been present for a long time, is powered by the Amlogic S905W SoC.
On the other hand, in the new (Tanix) TX3 Mini Plus we can find the previously mentioned Amlogic S905W2 SoC. Amlogic S905W2 SoC features four ARM Cortex-A35 CPU (12nm) cores up to 1.8 GHz. It’s also a low-cost SoC compared to the S905X4 SoC, supporting the AV1 codec (up to 4K@60fps).
Besides, TV Box has Mali-G31 MP2 GPU and runs Android 11 OS. Additionally, inside we find 1GB-2GB RAM DDR3 and 8GB-16GB eMMC storage. TX3 Mini+ supports for HDMI 2.0b up to 4K @ 60fps, additionally 2.4GHz or Dual Band WiFi 802.11n, Ethernet 10/100. However, there is no information about Bluetooth.
Tanix TX3 Mini+ / TX3 Mini Plus Android TV Box Specification:
- CPU – Amlogic Quad-core S905W2 ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 1.8GHz
- GPU – Mali-G31 MP2
- OS – Android 11.0
- Memory – 1GB/2GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB/16GB eMMC flash + micro SD card slot (up to 32GB)
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0b up to 4K @ 60 fps, AV port
- Audio – HDMI, optical S/PDIF, AV port (stereo audio)
- Video Codecs – AV1,H.265, MPEG1/2/4, H.264, HD AVC/VC-1, RM/RMVB, Xvid/DivX3/4/5/6 , RealVideo8/9/10
- Video Formats – 4K@60fps AV1, H.265,VP9, H.264, VC-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DIVD/DIVX, Real8/9/10, RM,RMVB, PMP, FLV, MP4, M4V, VOB, WMV, 3GP, MKV
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 2.4GHz and 2.4 / 5GHz Dual Band 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – IR receiver
- Power Supply – DC 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 105 x 105 x 15mm
- Weight – 150g
Is it worth buying TX3 Mini+ S905W2 Android 11 TV Box?
If you are on a budget and don’t want to overpay, yes. The TX3 Mini Plus TV Box has everything you need for home entertainment, plus it supports AV1 codec.
However, we suggest choosing the option with 2GB RAM, 16GB eMMC and Dual Band Wifi for better performance.