At the end of July we wrote about a new exotic sounding mini PC that introduces Tronsmart called Tronsmart Ara X5. Currently Tronsmart introduces upgraded model of Ara x5 called Tronsmart Ara X5 Plus. The Tronsmart Ara X5 Plus is a small sized mini PC and still has an Intel Atom x5-Z8300 Cherry Trail processor.
The Ara X5 Plus also has storage with faster Samsung eMMC 5.0 flash, faster USB 3.0 read and write speeds, faster WiFi, thanks to a new 802.11ac wireless card and adding an external antenna, well as fixed some micro SD card compatibility issues, and an updated UEFI binary that should reduce blue screen of death appearances in Windows. The Tronsmart Ara X5 Plus is available on Geekbuying, at a promotional price for $139.99.
Tronsmart Ara X5 Plus technical specification:
- CPU – Intel Atom x5-Z8300 “Cherry Trail” quad core processor @ 1.44 GHz / 1.84 GHz
- GPU – Intel Gen8 HD graphics (2W SDP)
- Memory – 2GB DDR3L
- Storage – 32GB Samsung eMMC 5.0 flash + micro SD slot
- Video Output – HDMI
- Audio I/O – HDMI, 3.5mm earphone jack
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, dual band 802.11 b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 4.0 (via Intel WiFi module)
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x USB 3.0 port
- Misc – Power button and LED, RTC battery
- Power Supply – 5V/3A
- Dimensions – 11.81 x 11.4 x 2.7 cm
- Weight – 210 grams
The Ara X5 Plus mini PC comes with pre-installed Windows 10 Home software (activated), and ships with the power adapter, an HDMI cable, and a user’s manual.