At the end of 2015, we reported on release a new TV Box from UGOOS (Ugoos Industrial Co., Ltd.) called UGOOS AM1 powered by Amlogic S905. Today we have good news, there is a new firmware for UGOOS AM1 TV Box (version 0.0.3 release). UGOOS team is not idle and releases a new firmware v.0.0.3. The UGOOS AM1 users can see update notification from OTA center. V.0.0.3 comes with Ugoos Launcher, so AM1 is the third device with it in standard firmware. Next updates will come via OTA. Last UGOOS team was busy because, also released a new firmware for Ugoos Rockchip 3288 devices and UGOOS UT4 powered by RK3368.
The UGOOS company cares about good relations with users and tries to provide good support their devices. All UGOOS devices have excellent support and access to frequent firmware updates. It is a very big plus and if you plan to purchase TV Box heed necessarily onthe frequency and vendor support. If someone has not yet decided or are planning to buy, UGOOS AM1 is available for $88.74 on Gearbest.
For those who have not yet had an opportunity to look at the UGOOS AM1 remind its specification:
- SoC – Amlogic S905
- CPU – 64bit Quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0GHz
- GPU – Penta core Mali-450MP GPU @ 750 MHz
- Memory – 2GB DDR3 (Samsung); (In future 4GB versions possibly will appear)
- Internal Storage – 16GB eMMC flash + SD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0
- Audio – HDMI, optical S/PDIF
- Connectivity – 10/100/1000M Ethernet (Realtek RTL8211F), 802.11 b/g/n/ac (2.4GHZ and 5GHZ ) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 (AP6335 module)
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – IR receiver
- Power Supply – DC 12V/3A 3.5mm DC-in
- Dimensions – 118*118*22mm
- Weight – N/A
- Ugoos launcher – offers:
- Variety of nine color themes for main launcher elements
- Customizable background: you can choose from a list or use system background
- Customizable desktop icons: amount on one screen, border size, icon background
- New category selector: eight categories + one with all applications
- Quick start of main application from every category
- Adaptive remote controller support
- Root access – Root feature let you access to the entire operating system of your TV Box and can do anything. By default, you don’t have root access to your own Android device, and certain apps won’t function without root access. Device rooted without reboot, but if you want to undo all changes, system will ask to restart device. Activate Root access you can: Settings – Ugoos settings – System – Root.
- Power menu extended in this release – UGOOS added main power options in menu: Sleep, Reboot, Reboot recovery (device restarts with recovery menu before main system starts)
- New remote controller layout – New layout fix problems when some users can’t awake device after sleep. Some users had problems with OTG usb port that turns to a slave mode and doesn’t work with airmouses and pads. Added automatic slave/active mode for this USB port
Below features screenshots.
Source: UGOOS Blog