We have good news, there is a new firmware (.img file) for R-TV BOX X99 powered by new Rockchip RK3399 (update 20180323). This is a big plus for the manufacturer responsible for R-TV BOX X99 Android TV Box, and this is a good news for all who choose to purchase a powerful R-TV BOX X99. If someone has not yet decided or are planning to buy, R-TV BOX X99 Android TV Box is now available on Gearbest for $126.99.
For those who have not yet had an opportunity to look at the R-TV BOX X99 RK3399 TV Box remind its specification:
- CPU – Rockchip RK3399 hexa-core processor with 2x ARM Cortex A72 cores @ up to 2.0 GHz, 4x ARM Cortex A53 cores
- GPU – Mali-T860MP4 GPU @ 800 MHz with support for OpenGL ES1.1/2.0/3.0/3.1, OpenVG1.1, OpenCL, DX11, AFBC (frame buffer compression)
- Memory – 4GB DDR3
- Storage – 32GB eMMC 5.1 flash + SD card slot (up to 64GB)
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K @ 60 Hz
- Video Codecs – 4K 10-bit H.265, H.264 & VP9 decoding up to 60 fps
- Audio Output – HDMI, optical S/PDIF
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, Dual Band 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi + Bluetooth 4.1, SIM card slot (version with 4G modem)
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 port, 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB type C port with OTG mode, and DisplayPort 1.2 video/audio support
- Misc – IR receiver, power LED, recovery button front panel LCD display
- Power Supply – 5V/3A
- Dimensions – 11.40 x 11.40 x 2.30 cm
- Weight – 340 grams
The firmware is available as .img file for a flash method upgrade version. New firmware for R-TV BOX X99 4K TV Box with Rockchip RK3399 (20180323) can be downloaded here. No information about the changes.